Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey There, Fellow Guitar101'ers! :)

I have a song here that I'd love for you to have a listen to!

-----> SOMEDAY <-----

This is a collaboration between myself and two German guys called Alex and Lumen.

Alex had this cool keyboards & drums-idea recorded.
I then wrote melody and lyrics to it and recorded vocals, rhythm-& lead-guitars and bass guitar.
Along came Lumen and added some more guitar, and worked his remix-magic!

It was quite an adventure, and we're all very happy with it!

Hope you kind folks in here enjoy it!
Rock On!!! :twisted:

Cheers,
Roy Bratbakken.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Bloody Hell Roy - this is great. The whole thing is very impressive and well played, sung and composed. I love the drums on this too. :thumb:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Goport said:
Bloody Hell Roy - this is great. The whole thing is very impressive and well played, sung and composed. I love the drums on this too. :thumb:
Hey!

Thanx, Goport! :thumb:

I'm glad you enjoyed it, man!!!

Later,
Roy.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nandk said:
As always Roy, impressive work! very good song and a sweet solo!
Thank U, nandk!

And thanx for lending an ear!

I don't usually do solo's that long, but I just couldn't help myself this time!!! :twisted:

Roy.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
this was killer Roy.. you guys did a great job on every aspect here,, the guitars, the keys, the vocals, everything was top notch:icon_thum

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wow... Great song. Everything rocked but I especially liked The vocals and the drums they really stood out. The best part is the mix it sounds very professional. Awesome job.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Very Very Cool

Man.. I liked this one...got a drive to it I dig. WTG guys!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Trip Rock

Very cool song, we built, good groove, excellent vocals and nice tones throughout. If I can be so bold, harmonies on the vocals would have had it leap out! Awesome job.

Moog

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx For Checking It Out, Guys ! !

guitarwizard2003 said:
this was killer Roy.. you guys did a great job on every aspect here,, the guitars, the keys, the vocals, everything was top notch:icon_thum
Thank U, guitarwizard2003! It was a lot of fun! :devilchil
Roy.

thectrain said:
Wow... Great song. Everything rocked but I especially liked The vocals and the drums they really stood out. The best part is the mix it sounds very professional. Awesome job.
Thanx, thectrain!! Lumen did the final mix. He's got great ears! :mix:
Roy.

LaceGuitarPlayer said:
Man.. I liked this one...got a drive to it I dig. WTG guys!!
Thanx a bunch, LaceGuitarPlayer!
Drive safe now, y'hear!!??

Roy.

The Moog said:
Very cool song, we built, good groove, excellent vocals and nice tones throughout. If I can be so bold, harmonies on the vocals would have had it leap out! Awesome job.
ThankU, The Moog!
Actually, I was thinkin' 'bout adding some harmonies...
..oh well! Maybe next time!!

Roy.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Cool Stuff as Always Roy ;)

agree with the Moog on the vocal harmonies ;)
think ya got some opportunities to add some harmony guitars too ;)

some cool riffs in the track :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SLoB said:
Cool Stuff as Always Roy

agree with the Moog on the vocal harmonies ;)
think ya got some opportunities to add some harmony guitars too ;)

some cool riffs in the track :)
Well, I guess this tune will stay the way it is for now. But I'll probably play around with some harmonies on something else.
Thanx for taking a listen!

wahwah said:
Sounds more complete than when I last heard it Roy...good work. Harmony vocals and a bit more effect on the voice would make it more "stadium lighter"
Yeah, I guess so!
One of the reasons I don't do harmonies too often or put a lot of effects on the voice, is that when I sit down with the accoustic guitar in front of people, I want them to hear the same voice, kinda..

Sling Shot said:
Can't say ANYTHING bad about this ,, it's all great!!!!
Thank U, Sling Shot!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanx For Checking It Out, Guys! :thumb:
Roy.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
This is a big time professional sounding song. With some more tracks like this you could get signed on a record label and start a world tour. Great job Roy.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Sounds awesome as always Roy....love that part with all the sustain at the beginning of the solo. The second solo is KILLER also. I like the way you started to add some long delay on the vocals. If you ever get the time, you might try running the vox through a BBE, toss in some compression maybe and double a few parts with a harmonizer or layer a couple more tracks of yourself....just so see what happens. You are a GREAT singer and the production was stellar. This one's is a keeper! I'm starting it over!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts