Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just introduced myself earlier today.
I'm Roy!
I figured I'd share one of my tunes with you guys in here, if you'd give it a listen! (see attachment)
I'm always exited to hear what other folks think of my stuff, especially guitarists! :jam:
So please gimme a comment, if you have time!

If you like it, there's more right here, downloadable for free:
http://music.download.com/roybratbakken

Also I'm looking forward to check out some music from you guys as well, if it's available. :rock:

Some of my tunes have been likened to Van Hagar, I guess maybe because of the vocals, I'm not sure.
Some say Soundgarden, I don't know.
You tell me!

I'm glad I found this site!
Seems to be a lot of friendly folks on here, and I dig the layout and style of the site.
Plus: maybe I'll learn some stuff, too!!! :icon_thum

By the way...I've done a coupla internet collaborations lately also, maybe someone here's interested in that kinda stuff ???

oooOOOOHHH YEEEAAAHHhhh ! ! ! !

Rock on!
Roy.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Hey Roy, welcome (only just joined meself ;))

luv the track dude, will check yer stuff out man!

Keep Rockin! ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
Sweet. Very melodic intro.
Luv the voice too and the rythm is good.
You sound a lot like Sammy Hagar.

This is superior work. It's very pro.
Amazing!
Took The words right from my mind. Awsome. Very entrancing. Love the lyrics too. :bannana_g

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
(whoops! Clicked 'Thank You' instead of 'Reply' :doh:
"Roy Bratbakken (Today) thanks Roy Bratbakken for this thread" ...that's rich... :wutblau: )

WOW!
Thanx!!!!!!
Really nice of you folks to give it a listen.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Can I upload another tune in this thread, or do I have to start a new one?

What a nice first day in here!! I love this place! :D

Keep Rockin', Folks!
Roy.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Roy you can def upload another tune in this thread but I would recommend starting a new one so people can actually find your song! I would say the song kicked bro! The vox are awesome I would say more Hagar then Sound Garden......I think the rythmn sounds of some Sound Garden though! Good mix man.....

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx, Folks !
You're all very kind!

Guess I'll upload another tune in a separate thread then!

About the collaboration-thang, what do you guys use for recording?
Would be fun to throw in a little blues-lead of course! :D

I'll be snooping around here to find some music to listen to, as well.

Rock'n'Roll!!!!
Roy.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Roy Bratbakken said:
Well...seems that uploading another tune would exceed my quota, so it doesn't work. :ball:
Leave this one up a coupla days Roy, then delete the post and add another track in a new post...or sign up for a package that gives you more space. You'd also give yourself more space if you do your tracks at 128kbs but I'm sure I'm just teaching you to suck eggs! :lol: :thumb:

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanx, Fellas !

And Chris, sure, I'm up for collaborating! That's always fun.
I've got 3 projects coming up, via the net.
It's interesting, 'cause both on my own and with the bands I've been in, I've done the writing, bringing in finished demo's for the band to learn.

But this is different, and is turning out music that's fairly different from my usual stuff like 'Drift Away', 'Shameless' and the others, where I sing and play and wrote everything.

The thing though, is that I don't use my computer for recording. I mainly use a Zoom MRS-1044, play, mix it there, do a master and export to the pc for converting.

For example, I'm doing a tune with a keyboardist/programmer from the States now. He provided a mixed basic track with drums, bass and keyboard as a wave-file.
I then came up with vocal melody, lyrics and guitar-parts.
So I import the file into my Zoom 10track, add my stuff, mix and export to the pc.

I have a program called AcidPro on the computer, but I haven't tried it.

But, like I said: I sure wouldn't mind trying something out! :thumb:

Roy.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts