Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a little Clapton era Bluesbreakers. Not a totally faithful cover....kinda half Clapton, half me!!:icon_roll Hope ya's enjoy it! :D

Attachments

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Enjoy it? I love it! it pisses on my version mate! beautiful phrasing!

G

·
Great performance!

I love Jeff Healey's version and your's ranks up there, bud!

When I started on guitar, I would play along with this song nonstop because it's a great song... easy to improvise on as well.

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
awesome job sg ! Guitar sounds great ! Killer tone ! :icon_thum We need 2 do sum blues together sumtime :)

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Geez SG...this is beautifully played and recorded. This is simply an amazing version :bowdown:

5 stars all the way!!!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW...Thx sooooo much guys and gal!!!!:D Really appreciate the kind comments!!!

Zeppy and Don.....I'm always available!!! Let me know if ya got a tune in mind. I'd be honored to jam with ya's!!!!:icon_thum

Goport...your cover just smoked mine!!!:bannana_g

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx bro!!!!:D The backing was a midi file that I doctored with different soundfonts. There is a backing already here that someone posted .You can do a search for that one and I'll post mine as well.....then you have a choice of which you like better. Give me a few minutes to make an mp3 of the backing and then I'll post it.

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
This is one of those goddam tunes i have been wanting to have a bash at for years , i love it to bits , great playing , lovely fluent scales , cant fault it spot on :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Hey! Y'all forgotten about Freddie King? ;)
Anyway. Awesome stuff! This is one of my favourite instrumental blues songs, and I love hearing different people make this one their own.
Chuck Hall's version has to be my favourite yet, but this one wasnt far off.
Right up there with the big guys in my book. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thx a lot guys!!!!:D So many gr8 compliments from so many gr8 guitarists really makes a guy feel good!!!!:woot: Salut!!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
mate- you fired a rocket up my arse with this! my version was done to pass the time - yours was faithful to clapton and that is worthy of respect :thumb:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeaahh this is a very clean and efficient version of the Hideaway's theme ! You've just played the perfect notes on this !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts