Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Higher - Here\'s my tribute to Creed and drop d floggin. Newbie post! Welcome me please!

Hi all,

I snatched this backing track from one of the great guys at the Backing track forum. I would like to thank him but can't remember his moniker.

I just laid down 2 guitar tracks with no effects at all and this gear:

Peavey Wolfgang Special
Engl Powerball
Mesa 2x12 with v30's

Turn it up!

Attachments

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Re: Higher - Here\'s my tribute to Creed and drop d floggin. Newbie post! Welcome me please!

heavier parts where done well . but your clean tone needs work .. but cool job well done

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Re: Higher - Here\'s my tribute to Creed and drop d floggin. Newbie post! Welcome me please!

The grind tone sounds really nice!! Also a nice mix! Great job!

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts

yeah i gotta say again cause i didnt make it clear . i thought the heavy parts were fucking rocking man . just a shame about the clean tone .. its tricky to emulate tremonties lovely clean tone though .. he doesnt use any gain at all when playing clean .. so maybe try that out ?
. just trying to help man . i get shouted at for trying to help .. i suppose my way of helping is a bit harsh at times .. but oh well .. take it or leave it thats what i say . im not forcing people to listen to what i have to say lol

·
Registered
5,264 Posts

This was killa, great job and welcome to the site!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

pretty good.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts

Right on Dannyboy just a little brushing up on the clean tones and you will have the sound perfectly emulated. Great job .....and keep those post coming

·
Registered
3,528 Posts

loved your rendition

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and also for listening to my mp3!

I skimped on the clean tone a little because of time constraints or maybe lazyness, Actually a lack of talent also. I couldn't be bothered with switching to the neck pickup because it flubs me up. I should have just recorded separate tracks for the clean.

So really what you got here is my "live" version... Only doubled.

Thanks again! I'm really having a blast at this site!

·
Registered
165 Posts

Hey bud, nice job! You nailed that chunky Tremonti tone. Reminded me how great that song is. I think Stapp is one of the best rock vocalists today.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Nice friggin job bro, I had it cranked! Welcome!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thanks for listening everyone and for the kind words.

If there's any aspiring vocalists out there, feel free to lay down some vocals. My throats sore or I might have given it a shot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts