Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was contemplating on getting this for my Floyd equipped Ibanez but i still have reservations about it...i know it works and all that stuff..but some people have said that it changes the feel of the guitar making everything a bit more stiff, and i'm afraid it would just mess up my guitar coz i like the set-up of it right now.

the reason i'm getting this is so that when i tune my guitar to drop D everything else goes out of tune (as expected) and i don't have money to buy another guitar.

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,634 Posts
Anytime you change from standard tuning on a floyd rose all the tunings change. You need to set it up for the Drop tuning due to tension changes of the strings vs. springs.Or get a D-tuna and solve the whole issue of retuning from song to song.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
vintage_brat said:
Or get a D-tuna and solve the whole issue of retuning from song to song.
the d-tuna only works if you have the tremsetter in place...and i don't need that coz i could drop to d with just adjusting my fine tuners.

my question really is, does having the tremsetter change the feel of the guitar dramatically?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,011 Posts
dex_rodriguez said:
the d-tuna only works if you have the tremsetter in place...
This is not true. The bridge has to be blocked or flush, but having the tremsetter is not a necessity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
I was just looking at the Hipshot site a couple hours ago.

I was thinking about getting a tremsetter for my ibanez js100. I love playing that guitar but it just won't stay in tune very well. I am thinking about getting a tremsetter but having a pro install it and set it up for me. I heard they work well but only if set up properly. There is a guy in town who is awesome at working on/setting up guitars. I may have him put a better tremelo in it too. Right now it has the crappy low-trs. So my thought is to have him maybe put a better tremelo in it and a tremsetter if he feels it would help.....any thoughts/suggestions??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,221 Posts
Splonky said:
Right now it has the crappy low-trs. So my thought is to have him maybe put a better tremelo in it and a tremsetter if he feels it would help.....any thoughts/suggestions??
Your lo-trs is crappy? I have never owned a decent locking tremolo guitar untill I got this Ibanez a few months ago, but I can say one thing about mine - it stays in tune! I can dump the bar all the way to the body of the guitar multiple times and it stays in tune. Am I lucky? Or have other people here had good luck with theirs?

Rj
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,383 Posts
Alot of people who have the lo-trs seem to hate them. I've never owned one though. But i've got a late 80's rg with an edge on it, and it can stay in tune for weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
rjfoster said:
Your lo-trs is crappy? I have never owned a decent locking tremolo guitar untill I got this Ibanez a few months ago, but I can say one thing about mine - it stays in tune! I can dump the bar all the way to the body of the guitar multiple times and it stays in tune. Am I lucky? Or have other people here had good luck with theirs?

Rj

Well now the js guitars come with the Edge Pro II bridge. Back when I got it they were still putting the low-trs on them. I haven't really had much experience with them but from what I have read they are better than the low-trs and the low-trs is supposed to be a "lower end/budget" kind of tremelo. Mine is a Lo-trs Trem II. Is that the same as yours?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top