Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
I only slightly agree with Naifuzan regarding the Backer. It wasn't a bad backer on the whole but there were a few annoying parts, like during the rocking lead section, the typically cheesy MIDI-sounding hi-hat was a bit overbearing, kind of detracting from SG's leadwork. Definitely not a deal-breaker though. The lead guitar was really good here and the vocals were strong throughout. I particularly liked those couple of falsetto lines ("It's not in the way you say you're mad...oo-oo-oooooo"). THis is a great song, done very well.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
I would agree with the backing thing however....I also realize this was a repost so you probably are working on other material. Guitar work was great and the vox were on the money. Excellent cover guys.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
sgstd said:
Ok Mandy...finally got around to reposting this one. As always....Sergio on vocals and me on guitar.
...Well it was definatly worth the waite for me!!!!...Backing?...hehe All I hear is Robbie and Serg kick ass as always!!!!...Glad you reposted this now its saved...Love ya guys!:bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
You guys are fearless at taking on the icons of rock. Bobby Kimball and Steve Lukather were monsters in their own right and you each have risen to the challenge. The backing track doesn't match the talent you guys have, but it works. The solo was especially cool. Great job!!

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
ksdb said:
You guys are fearless at taking on the icons of rock. Bobby Kimball and Steve Lukather were monsters in their own right and you each have risen to the challenge. The backing track doesn't match the talent you guys have, but it works. The solo was especially cool. Great job!!
I listened to this again and these words represent my thoughts exactly.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx vm everyone!!!!:D You're all very kind!!!:bowdown: I know what you're saying about the backing....actually, I think only the drums are bad...'specially the annoying hi hat during the solo, like KC said. I did grab a midi backing and doctored it but, it was a slightly different tempo and didn't line up with our tracks.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
this is one of those all time great songs, great version you have here guys, the bt wasnt too bad but its the talent on the other side that counts ;), cool stuff :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have to agree with the masses on this one....However, YOU two guys did this very well....the solo was awesome SG.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Thanks guys for giving it a listen. I actually never had a saved copy!!! Damn that sucked when I couldn't find it!!! :shock: :shock: :wtf:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts