Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would get back into the swing of things and give this tune another go. It's a little self indulgent but it still has a nice raw rock feel. I love the way Holdsworth used to work very creatively (and rebelliously) around box scales. Once again I'm hanging on by my fingernails with the leads.:toothless Looks like someone took over my GUITARDED avatar!:nunu:

·
Registered
260 Posts
strat78 said:
Thought I would get back into the swing of things and give this tune another go. It's a little self indulgent but it still has a nice raw rock feel. I love the way Holdsworth used to work very creatively (and rebelliously) around box scales. Once again I'm hanging on by my fingernails with the leads.:toothless Looks like someone took over my GUITARDED avatar!:nunu:
Damn adventurous!!!

:thumb:

Some of my favorite Holdsworth is from this era!!

Soft Machine's Bundles is one of my all time favorites!!!!

You totally nailed his playing in this setting!!!!!

I would darken the solo tone just a tad.....take out some 3-8kHz, knock out down 3-4 dB

Amazing!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much Scott. Your the real thing (all things guitar) but you are also a fantastic writer and teacher! BRAVO!
I know what you mean about the tone, its a bit like the sound of grating teeth at times. I think I need to stop using maple necks and dense body woods. Hey, I forgot all about Soft Machine! I'll have to try and find those records again. It's a funny thing that Allan himself feels that his playing was very primitive back then because (to my simple ears) I feel at times he was touching on the sublime.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sgstd said:
Man, I've missed you posting here!!! :icon_frow You're one of my fav players on this site.....and this is a perfect example why!!!:woot: Awesome guitar work, bro!!!!!:jam:
Thanks SG! I did not abandon this site, I just did not have access to my computer for two months while working in remote sections of the country. Its good to be back! I just need to catch up on other peoples posts.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,734 Posts
Straty!! Damn son!! You and Scott J are now the only guys i have ever heard just nail Holdsworth!!! That Scott L guy...not bad himself either :D ...Killer Straty!!

:rock: :rock: :rock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.