Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry!!! :lol:

I saw this bt last night and I had a go this afternoon after coming back from the Folks. It is pretty rough but I wanted to do it :D The synth lines are done through the vg-88 and the backer is in the unlimited section. Thanks to PodGod for this.

Enjoy :D

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Scott, Linda and sgstd. To be honest I just fancied learning the solo and it stared from there. It was a good way to recover after the Christmas turkey :D

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
This is class A fantastic!! I know this tune, but I forget who it is. I need to have you ship me some of that British water!!! It makes for a groovy vocal accent! Great vocals, guitars, all around brilliant stuff!!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you soo much Rain and 3F :D :thumb:

3F, the song was done by Nik Kershaw - he was actually not a bad guitarist.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Goport said:
Thank you soo much Rain and 3F :D :thumb:

3F, the song was done by Nik Kershaw - he was actually not a bad guitarist.
I donut recall this tune. Sounds pretty good to me, though. You're a damn good singer, Porty. Actually, musically, it's very well done. Guitar playing is very good, man. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This is awesoem Goport, killa job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you TJ - although I can't believe you miss spelled your favourite word :lol: :thumb:

Sting, you say the nicest things and you also kick my arse when it is needed. After hearing your Comfortably Numb I can honestly say you do a mean english accent and Gilmour vocals. Not to mention that second solo - that was beautiful!!! :bowdown:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks rid. much appreciated mate.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you Mr A :D the wife just told me you rang ;)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
This song had one of the best choruses in the 80s. You've managed to give this song some new millennium credibility with stellar guitar work and attitude in the vocals. Cool cover!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you very much ksdb :D I have to be honest and say that all the guitar parts are in the original song as far as I can tell, but they are just mixed quieter. The only thing I played different were the keyboard parts - I did them on guitar also.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I don't know the original song myself

but it has a great hook maybe i'll check it out .. but why should when i have this awesome version !

i liked the guitars and the way it's all together and not too overpowering .. nice vocals too goport . .you got the whole package in this one .. great stuff :thumb:

Stig

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.