Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
City Limits and KLPX Rocks Tucson!!

KLPX and City Limits in association with CAL Productions is proud to welcome...

HOT FOR TEACHER – a tribute to Van Halen!
Live at City Limits Friday Night, April 22nd.
Doors open at 8pm.

City Limits is located at: 6350 E Tanque Verde Road, Tucson, AZ
phone: (520) 733-6262

Catch HOT FOR TEACHER on their first visit to Arizona!

Tune in to KLPX for show details and ticket giveaways!

*Ticket giveaways at the U of A Campus from 11am to 1pm on Saturday April 16th.

*Ticket giveaways at Tucson Raceway Park from 5pm to 7pm on Saturday, April 16th.

*Ticket giveaways at Curves Cabaret from 9pm to 11pm on Tuesday, April 19th.

Click here to view the band's latest video:
HOT FOR TEACHER 2005 Promotional Video

HOT FOR TEACHER

Formed in 1999 to showcase Van Halen's "David Lee Roth" era hits, HOT FOR TEACHER has been relentlessly performing throughout Northern California and Nevada generating a following of dedicated fans and has amazed concert goers wherever they perform with their non stop high energy kick ass Rock-n-Roll show!

HOT FOR TEACHER's solid line-up features four of the most talented musicians who are geared-up and ready to "Rock On" with The Mighty Van Halen's greatest jams!

Vocalist Randy Monroe belts out powerful and high-energy vocal rants while supplying audiences with stage antics grooved to the beat of the music. The ripping, screaming virtuoso fretwork of guitarist Terry Lauderdale stirs audience's into the wildest of frenzy and leaves them in jaw dropping awe! Jimmi Ward's thundering Michael Anthony style bass riffs and, percussionist Larry Howe's "Bonhamesque" stick splintering, skinbashing style, creates the bottom end from hell, which blends into the perfect Rock-n-Roll drink!

Recently HOT FOR TEACHER was invited to perform for Michael Anthony's bass guitar dedication at San Francisco's Hard Rock Cafe. During that evening The Mighty Van Halen bassist joined the band on stage. The already raucous crowd shifted into overdrive as Michael and the boys ripped through an energized set featuring "Women In Love", "Unchained", "Dance The Night Away", "Panama", "Mean Street", "Outta Love Again", and "Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love".

HOT FOR TEACHER has been featured in FHM Magazine and can be heard regularly on San Francisco's 107.7 "The Bone" radio station.

HOT FOR TEACHER's demo CD, live performances, Promotional Kit and photos can be easily downloaded at www.HFTROCKS.com. We welcome you to join us at the website Forum to interact with the band and with their fans throughout the world!

Dance the night away with HOT FOR TEACHER!

Hope to see some of youse guys there!

Terry :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Check out the radio spot KLPX in Tucson is running this week!
96.1 KLPX

Terry:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The show in Tucson went f'n great!
The crowd really enjoyed hearing all that old VH being played by HOT FOR TEACHER...here are some reviews and photos:
HFT in Tucson

We rented a backline for the show...They had two Marshall JCM 900's for me. When I tried them out during sound check...they sounded like crap.....I was kicking myself for not bringing my Mesa Boogie!
The sound guy was hella cool...he plays guitar and says he has an original Peavey 5150 that I could use. We hooked it up and it sounded WAY better than the Marshalls so the tone was great.
A friend of mine in Tucson brought his beautiful Wolfgang for me to use...it played and sounded great!

Amy Schugar was rockin' out with us also.

I'll post more photos and video when I get 'em.
Terry :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts