Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
CanyonCarver said:
Pro:You guys did a really job here.
The lead is very emotional and landing on the right notes.
Guitar tones are perfect.
Wiz and Zeppy are a winning combination

Con: I'm not comfortable with the tempo. Not that it matters to mimmic the original Great White song, but I feel that a few bpm faster would have worked well too.
thx for listenin CC and for the feedback, really appreciate it...as for what ya said you are right it does work well at the faster tempo, i have done it both ways, but i didnt want it to resemble the original in any way, thats just how i am.. i felt that with it not having vocals, the slower tempo gave us a better chance to bring out the feel and emotion in the song.. what can i say most guys like the faster tempos and like to rush things and then its over, i like the slower tempos where everything last longer and has alot more meaning to it... i guess thats why im not a shred guy, i am more a ballad type person.. for me the slower the tempo the better the outcome, but were all different with different tastes.... thanx again for the honest feedback, hope i cleared up some on why i went with the slower tempo and not the faster tempo like the original... :icon_thum

· Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
zeppy said:
tyvm cc for ya nice comments . I apreicate and respect what u said.

mmmmmmm but lol me n wiz tho were just inna slow n sexy mood tho so it just sorta cum out that way hahahah if u get my point :sap:
ummmm also what she said:sap: :yumyum: :yumyum:

· I am a meat popsicle
4,742 Posts
This has great feel! It was hard to tell where one player stopped and the other started as it blended-in so well. I think that's what a great colab should do. Great job guys!!

G

·
guitarwizard2003 said:
... i am more a ballad type person.. for me the slower the tempo the better the outcome...
... and that oftentimes requires even more control of phrasing than fast playing, because every note stands out more noticeably... and the two of you did a fantastic job with it. Two thumbs up!!

· excess to requirements
7,090 Posts
jesus I missed this. Sorry Don and Zeppy :(

Anyways this is class. :thumb:

· Playin The Blues
1,976 Posts
Thanks all heheheheh ! This one was done awhile back but I always loved it :) Great song and we had fun doing it ! Im guessing maybe my friend beach dug it up ? hehehhee . Anyways thanks beachy and Rhythmeen , Weed and Goport for listening :)

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.