Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a flac version here earlier yet the admins correctly moved it to the lossless forum. My apologies for causing extra work (was trying to get these shows to a wider group of collectors.)

-- I have found many great shows here and have given back to this forum when I can.

Here's hoping some fans enjoy this collection of MP3 'orphaned tracks' -- to borrowed rocdoc's phrase.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jmt2tk0lymy

01 Stupid Things (10_11_93)
02 Black Cat Bone (7_30_94)
03 Kill The Mockingbird (6_6_94)
04 Long Black Train (8_20_94)
05 Lonesome Graveyard (10_11_93)
06 It’s A F*cked Up World (8_20_94)
07 I Got Happy (8_20_94)
08 My Lucky Day (6_6_94)
09 Corinna Corinna (10_14_93)
10 Forty Years (6_6_94)
11 Sun Gone Down (8_20_94)
12 Lonely (7_5_94)
13 Yellow Dog (6_6_94)
14 Rattlesnake Shake (8_20_94)
15 I’ll treat You Right Someday (10_11_93)
16 When The Hammer Comes Down (7_30_94)
17 Monkey’s Paw (6_6_94)

Long before the White Stripes appeared with a minimalist duo sound, Bryan Harvey (guitars, vocals) and Johnny Hott (percussion) recorded several very good ‘indie’ albums (Monkey On A Chain Gang, Tantilla, Cakewalk -- on Rhino and other record companies.) From 88-94, they were critics’ darlings as they mined a rich vein of southern influences, appropriate for artists who had come of age in Richmond VA.

And they were awesome live! As a duo or the four piece tour band (w Steve McCarthy of The Long Riders and Bob Rupe of The Silos

These live songs were discovered on archive,org in the Steve Wynn section as Bryan and Johnny were part of the ‘alternative supergroup’ Gutterball. During Gutterball tours in 1993 and 94, Bryan, Johnny and friends) would play a mini-set of House of Freak songs. I grabbed many of the songs and then made a composite mix of some of the best of them; I wish there were even more varied tracks to pick from.

We remember you well Bryan, RIP.

For a good overview of House of Freaks, check out this site:
http://trouserpress.com/entry.php?a=house_of_freaks

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
if it's got beeswing's stamp of approval, i'm glomming it!
i knew their name, but don't think i've heard anything of their music.

this will be my driving home music today!

great thanks for doing this comp, beeswing AND for linking that trouser press article (one my fave mags back in the day)....and boy, what a horrible crime that someone took out ALL of bryan harvey's family.

hope they caught tha POS *sshole who did it...unreal.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it's got beeswing's stamp of approval, i'm glomming it!
i knew their name, but don't think i've heard anything of their music.

this will be my driving home music today!

great thanks for doing this comp, beeswing AND for linking that trouser press article (one my fave mags back in the day)....and boy, what a horrible crime that someone took out ALL of bryan harvey's family.

hope they caught tha POS *sshole who did it...unreal.
glad you found this RD, hope you enjoy the live music -- their first two recorded albums are especially strong and were reissued by Rhino with extra tracks -- I highlight recommend Tantilla, the second album--

-- and yes they caught the two killers -- that horrific crime was the inspiration for the recent Drive By Trucker's song "Two Daughters and A Beautiful Wife."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.