Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Line6 HD 300 watt head. I want to run it through a 1960A Marshall 16 ohm slant cab. The head does not have a switch for the correct ohm matchup. Does anyone know how/where to run the chord from the head to the amp? There seems to be only 4 output mono outs! Thnx. Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
First off...what kind of speakers are in the cab? Anything smaller than 4- 75 watt celestions are gonna blow with a 300 watt head...assuming you are playing loud. As for the impedance mismatch...I'm pretty sure that as long as the cab has a higher number for impedance than the head you should be ok. For example, if the head is rated at 8 ohms and the cab is rated 16 ohms you're ok. If the head is rated 8 ohms and the cab is rated 4 ohms...that is NOT ok!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response! The cab is a Marshall 1960A slant with 4 12's. I used it last night. A/B boxed my Marshall TSL 11W - NO COMPARISON. The Line 6, I understand from Guitar Center reps, has an auto impedance switch. the cab is 16ohm. The Line 6 Flextone head is pretty but not as powerful or "fat" as the Marshall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts