Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fans how long do you think this tour will last?Do you think they will extend this tour to 2005 or will they wrap it up in December take a break go into the studio to record a new cd and then tour say late 05 or early 06?What do you all think?

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I spoke to an "insider" last week, and he told me that they do infact plan to record an album, and tour next summer. As far as this tour goes, I have no idea when it'll end since they keep adding new dates. I think they just want to get as cohesive as a unit first before they go back into the studio. Plus they're making a ton of money as well, and ppl are going to see them. So they're hitting alot of markets and raking up the dough.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
They've stuck it out really well so far, I am pretty impressed. They are giving me new found faith which is something i've lacked for a while now.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Hopefully, long enough for them to venture across the pond !

I do not believe they will make the trip though, as it's a safe bet in the States. But I just wish they'd pop over here for a show or two. Not being greedy or owt !

But, if what Sucka says is true, then I will be more than happy, and it will make up for the frustration of not being able to see my heroes live one again !

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Well Mondy, my "source" told me that they plan to hit Europe as well, so I know that'll make some of you guys happy. I dont think Australia is in the picture which still irks me. Dont see how they can just neglect them like that.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
LOL that was awesome. Yea I heard an extensive world tour is on the agenda and that they plan to really mix up the set list. We'll just see about that though.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Heck yea it would be.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Oh of course. They're gonna get most of their money here anyways, so the US is a lock form them to perform.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hey there Sucka
I haven't heard yet from my promotor mate in Sydney, BUT I always hopeful that they will not neglect us (again) BTW guess who is touring here? Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits)! His shows are selling out fast. It shows how people will always see those who make the effort over the years. (In 1985 D. Straits sold out 25 shows in Sydney in a 12,000 seat arena)

Makes me sad when I see no Sydney on the itinerary, but as Evh told me...stay positive. Rock on Sucka.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The tour won't go on much past Nov. 19th. I think they are done with this tour and thier future is uncertain. Hopefully they will get back in the studio and tour again but as for right now i think they are about ready to wrap it up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.