Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greets all!

I've been visiting the site for a while now, and have found some really great shows. One thing I've been wondering about (and I couldn't find any info on Google or searching these forums) is how do soundboard recordings get to the public? Is it just really cool soundboard techs :77:, or something sneakier? Just curious how these things work.

Gremlin

·
Registered
220 Posts
Greets all!

I've been visiting the site for a while now, and have found some really great shows. One thing I've been wondering about (and I couldn't find any info on Google or searching these forums) is how do soundboard recordings get to the public? Is it just really cool soundboard techs :77:, or something sneakier? Just curious how these things work.

Gremlin
Yes usually cool soundboard techs :) Some soundboard recordings are also sources for possible live albums or intended for broadcasting, which increases the circle with access to the recordings. (Would love to hear the entire SB recording that was used for a possible 2012 Van Halen live single with YRGM, Tattoo, ATBL... supposedly Washington 2012-03-28 is the source)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Greets all!

Gremlin
My soundboard bootlegs come from a couple of sources;

• Sites like WDR Rockpalast or 3VOOR12 where video are archived for watching, I capture the stream and convert the resulting video to MP3 and split it with Polderbits Sound Editor, boosting the volume if needed.
  • Radio websites like XFM, Absolute Radio or Various BBC stations, again I capture their archived video or audio streams.
  • TV broadcasts that have been captured and shared via torrent sites, converted to MP3 and split into tracks........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts