Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Seriously that has to be the funniest thing I have seen in ages. Even the Yngwie thing was funny

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
OK ok. Sure it looks funny as hell, and the dude was oblivious to any realy concept of what he was doing, HOWEVER, he is one step closer than we are to getting that neck right. Hell, I don;t even bother with fret jobs, now this cat is going to have to fix those metal strips on the chocolate pudding neck. I almost envy the guy...

Hey, VHFan, let me give a shot at doing a refret on that Charvel we discussed a while back

·
Registered
473 Posts
Not only does it look funny and lumpy, it has chunks of the frets missing. It is scalloped so deep that you can see under the fretboard. A friend of mine scalloped his fretboard so deep that there were holes which you could see into the truss rod cavity. The guitar played fine, though.

I loved this comment from the message board:

Dude what were you expecting????
Did you expect it would grow again??

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Someone should pass this guy a solid chunk of log.I think he qualifies to make wooden boats from the way he does this.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Damn...that was truely ugly...I hate seeing things like this...but if it works for him...be happy.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The idea is to take away just enough wood from the fretboard (between each fret) so that when you fret a note the string only touches the frets, and not the fretboard. Some players claim they can play faster on scalloped boards. I've never played one before though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
the people there were pretty harsh on him, poor guy........
i don't know a thing about scalloping fretboards, so i didn't really find it that funny, though even i would use a bit of logic to NOT cut that deep

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
lmfao
imagine what yngwie would say to this guy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.