Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like this singing Malarkey! Mrs Goport is out at bingo so I thought I would have another go. This is my best impersonation of Simon Le Bon - ie very whiny :) I left the vocals pretty dry because I still can't figure out how to mix my own voice (common sense tells me I should bury it deep in the mix!!) But I faired slightly better with the guitar part - a lot of fun to play :thumb:

I think Pod God posted the backing which is excellent. Funny thing is I used to hate Duran Duran but I was dancing round like a fat idiot whilst doing the vox to this, lol - I am just glad no one heard/saw me record it :blush:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!! That was frickin' great, man! :grin:
Goport, I'm saving this one :thumb:
Not to stroke you or anything, but this sounds as good if not better than the original, nicely mastered!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Wow!!! I agree with Sting, just as good if not better than the original, killa job on the vox and guitar Goport!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks for the kind remarks everyone :thumb: The wife just heard it and even she thought it was ok, which is a heck of an acheivement :D

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Sling :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Zeppy. :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All thanks to your excellent backer chum! :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Go Porty Go porty!!!:woot: :woot: I love this song!!!!....You were fkin awsome hun!!:rock:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks Rain I am very glad you liked it :D :thumb:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I hadn't remembered how prominent the guitars were in the original track - you did a great job of replicating the sound and your vocals were great too.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks chaps. I had fun with this. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Hey, I enjoyed this! I remember seeing Duran Duran in the mid 80's. -20 thousand teenage girls screaming for two hours! -could not hear the music at all! This was great Goport!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks strat!! Yeah same here - my friend took me to see Duran Duran at bournemouth in the early 90s. He had been before and insisted we get as close to the front as possible for the best possible gig experience. next minute there were 3000 screaming girls all crushing against us. I enjoyed every minute :)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Goport said:
3000 screaming girls all crushing against us. I enjoyed every minute :)
Now that you mention it, I've just realized that I had the wrong haircut at that show!! -I was going for the Alex Liveson look when a Nick Roads cut would have landed a chick (or two) for sure! Do girls listen to Rush? I'd probably make the same mistake today. -Hey, I'm engaged!
:lol: :devilchil

1 - 20 of 41 Posts