Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Check it out. I did it with a crappy mic plugged directly into the line in (1/8") Jack on the back of my 4 year old Sony Vaio and an acoustic miced up with the same mic. It is just a quick idea recorded in one take (the main rhythm).

Song is called, "Right where we Belong".

Oh at the end I had some morrocas on a shelf for a decoration in my office and I shook them at the end of the song, friggin hillarious!!!!! Hey you have to work with what ya got:icon_roll , now I just need some talent and a fresh Jack n' Coke. I think i have the Jack n' Coke downstairs, however the talent I am still working on.

It could be a cool song with drums driving the rhythm and some heavy guitar added.

What do you think?

Later,

Tex:thumb:

**Also check outmy "In my Dreams" song and Guitar solo in the Covers and Tribute section and I also did a Seether song there "Broken" where i sang an dplayed the acoustic.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
this is a decent song in the making and the record quality is not as bad as you made out. Nice harmonies. and that percussion - oh that was sublime :lol:

:thumb:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Mate and thanks. I see your in England, that is cool I am in Texas. That is what is cool about the internet. This was just for fun and a mellower song.

Hey I listened to London Calling, sounds good. How do you record your vocals and acoustic to make them sound so LIVE and in your face?

My song reminds me slightly of a Nicleback song if it was more drivinh and he was singing it. The clean guitar melody/riff at the begging was just my Ernie Ball MusicMan "Luke" Plugged directly into the PC it has EMG's so they are active pickups.

I need to get a New Sound Card or a mixer or something with a vocal pre amp to liven things up including my acoustic. I am still researching how in the heck to record, there are so many options. I looked at a Tascam USB Devuce $199 US that was an interface for recirding that looked pretty cool..................

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was great TXA, killa job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
This was awesome slinger!!...You have great vocals...:icon_cool

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
This shows that it's not the recording medium or technique that makes the song, although you obviously had enough technique to do some extras while producing this. The song itself sounds great. I liked the chorus part at the end. Feels like it could be expanded into a longer song.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You. yeah Right where we belong is basically the main part but that is all the rhythm acoustic I recorded. Remeber, I did the acosutic ad lib in one take just to practice with my Guitar Pro Software and recorded the vocals later so that is all the acoustic that was there to make up a song over.

It was just an idea, but it was long enough to post. Sometimes you think it sounds good and then you listen to it later and it sucks. This is a way to let people listen to it to see if it totally sucks or has some potential without to much risk of getting laughed at:dunno: he he

TEX

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I think you have an exlnt foundation here!!! The vocals and the guitar work was very good!!:icon_thum Be sure to expand on this and post the final product!!!

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Cool foundation for a tune.
Liked the vocals and the idea of it all.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
i love the vocal harmonies!
sweet endingg!!!!!
sounds really cool!
great original

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.