Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posting this up for a bit of fun.
Cover of Robbie Williams "Old Before I Die".
Recorded live (ok so I overdubbed some of the guitars in the final mix, but who cares).
Not the usual stuff heard on this site, but hey.....I don't have that big a repatoire....yet!.............Enjoy.

By the way.........not our singer's favourite song to sing........especially when we move up to C for the final chorus!

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Great tune , good song for the clubs , i used to do this tune in a band , and we never moved the key ! ,oddly enough it didnt seem to suffer .

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
I love Robbie Williams! Anytime you need a singer for Robbie, call me, I'm your guy. This was great.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
very cool!!! never heard of robbie williams....maybe i should check him out.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
And thinking of the subject itself.........I get feelings daily that I might not make it to a ripe old age bcos of my excessive smoking......anyway .....nice go at that........

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Very cool tune Arak..

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was very cool, great job!

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Very good tune. You did a great job on it !!!

I remember Robbie debuting this on UK T.V. At the time, Channel 5 had just started broadcasting, a cheap T.V. channel. Unfortunately, their broadcasting masts weren't very powerful, so not everyone could get it...

Cue Robbie William's lyrics :

"I hope I live.... to receive.... Channel 5 !!!!"

Anyway, great cover. Your singer reminds me of someone just a touch, but not enough for my brain to get enough of a hook onto and figure out who !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts