Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my version of the classic Dylan (The Band etc.) song. I think this might be the best one I've ever recorded. I'm especially proud of the second guitar solo and the way the whole track sounds.

Attachments

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Whoa Karkki this sounds great...nicely recorded! You have a voice well suited for this style. Excellent guitar work too :thumb:

What's your setup - recording software, hardware, guitar(s)? I'd love to know what you recorded this with.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
stingx said:
What's your setup - recording software, hardware, guitar(s)? I'd love to know what you recorded this with.
Glad you liked it.
I think I used Jackson Stealth Ex (in my avatar) and Behringer V-Amp2. The recording software is Sonar 3 Producer and then I used Cool Edit for mastering the whole thing.
Drums, bass and keyboard are midi made in Sonar with some decent soundfonts.
Usually I play the bass part by myself, but this time I tried midi bass - not bad, I think.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yeah I liked the song. Your tone is good and the vocals were spot on. The bass was really good too. I thought it was a real bass. What bass soundfont is it and do you think you can post it?:thumb:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
very pro, specially liked the second solo...nice!!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, guys!
Phil, I’m quite sure I used some bass from this bank: Rock Bass SI.sf2
It is about 2 megs so I’d rather email it. I don’t even know if I could upload it here, I recall all file types are not accepted.
Could you send me your email address in a private message? If anybody else wants these soundfonts, please do the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts