Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I think I'm having a little problem with my wolfgang...

Whenever i depress my trem bar at about the 50% mark, the strings attach to the pickups (because it's magnetic), but now when i try doing whammy tricks or doing soemthing with the trem bar, the strings get loose so that they touch the pickup and stick to it, and then when i bring the bar back up, they "snap" off from the magnetism and cause it to ring out.. so what can i do to prevent or fix this? it's really annoying me.

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
My Standard has never experienced that.
Maybe your action is set way too low, but you would have other issues like buzzing, even before wha you're describing.

Maybe the guitar needs a setup by a technician.

Anyone cares to comment on this?

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
theres a screw on each side of the pickups cyber. just turn them clockwise to lower. counter clockwise to raise.
If you need help setting up.... check EJ's how to posts for Floyds and general setups in this forum.
VGB

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
cyberpixel said:
How would I go upon lowering the pickups?

BTW everything on here is the way I bought it.
There should be screws on the side of the pups. Use a small screwdriver and tighten to lower.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
vintage_brat said:
theres a screw on each side of the pickups cyber. just turn them clockwise to lower. counter clockwise to raise.
If you need help setting up.... check EJ's how to posts for Floyds and general setups in this forum.
VGB
Jinx EJ :lol:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpixel
How would I go upon lowering the pickups?

BTW everything on here is the way I bought it.

There should be screws on the side of the pups. Use a small screwdriver and tighten to lower.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are 2 screws... one on the top of the pickup and one on the bottom of the pickup.

Do I loosen both of those? Or just one?

By the thanks to everyone who has helped so far :afro:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts