Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know what forum to post this in, so hopefully Eric will extend the courtesy and let me post it here. I recently uploaded ITunes at a friends suggestion, because it will convert midi files. Now it has completely taken over my computer. All my WMP and Real Player files are now ITunes and it won't let me change them back. Futhermore, I can no longer listen to files , down and upload, ect... Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Tnanks

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Here's what I do every time something takes over my file associations. To get them back open up WMP and go to Tools > Options and select the File Types tab, click Select All and Apply. That will make it so everything is once again associated :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks

Bingo ! Thanks it worked ! I don't know if I can't change my ITune Files, but at least WMP is working properly on over 800 BTs. I only had about 20 that had been done with ITunes that can be redone or replaced. Thanks to both of you for replying.
Everything is working properly. Huge Thanks! I'm able to download, upload, and listen with my WMP again. Most importantly, over 800 BTs are now working again. The ITunes I can delete and easily replace. Thanks again

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
It's not like they'd no longer work, man. It's just the association :lol:

You have to pay attention when you install software, iTunes specifically asks if you want all files associated with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.