Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a second hand lefty Ibanez yesterday as a replacement for my trusty but dying RG470L. It looks identical to mine but the pick ups are different. It is still a HSH affair but they are different to mine. They are marked as V7 S1 and V8. I had a quick look on the net and saw that combination was used in the RG1570L. But I can't find any indication on the guitar as to what model it is. Any ideas?

·
Registered
733 Posts
thats odd....on every ibanez ive seen the model name and number is usually printed or stamped on the back of the headstock.
the V7 and V8 are supposed to be ibanez's higher quality pickups. i thought the 470L had those pickups too. :scratch: maybe it depends on the year model....
the 1570 is on there with that pickup combo...

http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG1570

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what I thought. The guitar is identical to my 470 except for the pups (Inf1,Infs1,Inf2) but mine was a 1998 model. According to the ser number on the back of the headstock this one is Jan 2001 (Japan) so it wouldn't surprise me that the pickups have changed. thanks for the help Matt :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
RG470's have never come with INF's.... either someone swapped them out or you have a left hand model that is not a 470. my little brother has a 98 RG470, its got V7/S1/V8... i had a 94 RG470, it had V7/S1/V8(and an edge trem lol, last year of that)... u won't ever find a 470 with inf's. my neck thru RGT42 had INF's... suck ass pups, but not much worse really thanv7/s1/v8.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
240 Posts
wahwah said:
You went to a lot of trouble there...didn't ya believe the Portman? :dunno:
lol i like to prove things to myself when its something different from what i know haha... that way i don't look like a complete ass when i'm wrong, and further my knowledge why i'm at it;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts