Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went ahead and got me an Ibanez RG320DXQMTL. It is a beauty!!! Sounds amazing!! :icon_thum :bannana_g

Anyone else have one of these? I love it!

·
Registered
43 Posts
How much did that cost you..... is the Rg370DX a better version? I can pick one of them up for $720AUD... I was just wondering... post a sample of what it can do :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Omg!!!!!

I dont have a way to record, yet. I don't have anything with which I can post a pic yet either. I will do these as soon as possible. It is an awesome guitar but the trem was set too low on the treble side but that was easily fixed. Tuning it is a bitch, but the TONE....OMG!!!! Total sonic bliss!!!! For me anyways...I paid $400 US and don't regret it at all. I would definitely recommend getting one, and the DX means that it just has more cosmetic stuff like neck binding and sharktooth inlays. The neck is very comfortable and smooth, and the fretwork is amazing. Pickups are awesome and the RG320 lets very little noise come through my 5150 set on kill. I am very close to Ed's tone, plus something more. & Don't even get me started about that Quilt Maple top. OMG!!!!! From staright on it is a bluish gray, but as you cahnge the angle that you're looking at it from, the gray slowly vanishes to be replaced by the blue. F*CKING AWESOMER THAN A LES PAUL!!!!! :icon_thum

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was just pondering whether or not I should pick up one of these...
I need a good 6 string with 24 frets and a whammy...all I've got at the moment is 7 stringers with fixed bridges and I'm missing the whammy! :upset: lol

From your name, I'd gather that it's puts out a nice metal tone...which is mainly what I play and what I'm looking for.
Hmmm....may just need to go ahead and take the plunge, price is reasonable enough, that's for sure.

If I pick one up, I'll be sure to thank you for pushing me in that direction! :icon_thum

·
Registered
610 Posts
Congrats on the new Ibanez.:icon_thum Tuning them floaters can be a bitch. One tip is to make sure you keep the knife edge parallel with the body. Also change strings starting from the high E to low E and tune them as you change each string. Hope this helps ya.:)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, that thing can be a bitch to tune, but as long as I am careful and take my time with the re-string, it stays in tune forever. The tone of this guitar is a thing of beauty and I'll try and describe it.

Imagine the Cut of the Strat. Add in Les-Paulish mids. Lows are there, but they only come out when you want them to. Naturally, the Bridge position has more treble and cut and the neck is good for a smoother lead sound. The Edge Trem lets you travel to the distant lands of wang-bar weirdness with ease.

Words aren't really enough to describe such a thing, but this is as close as I can describe it. :p

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I'm waiting for my pics to get developed, then I'll scan them and post them. Don't like the quality of digital cameras. It is a thing of beauty, but I am having my amp worked on, so I won't be able to play til Friday. :thumbsdow :irk: But My 5150 will be awesomer than a JCM 800. Here's why: I went down to GC and they actually hada used JCM 800 there. :scif890: So I HAD to try it out...Played it at around 4 and it sounded pretty good, but not enough saturation for my tastes. Maybe the tubes were bad, because it seemed very reluctant to distort, but I still like the 5150 better... :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.