Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, blues time again. First let me say that it is NOT me on the vocals, if it was, I would probably quit my day job. :D Anyway I just did the lead and rhythm guitars. I just really love this song, and always wanted to do it........so I did. If your interested, I used my LP Junior with a '59 Model Seymour Duncan through a modified Soldano preset on my PodXT for the leads. Rhythm guitar was my trusty Strat with Texas Specials, again through the Pod with a small tweed setting. Recorded on a Zoom MRS-8. All tracks were d/l'd to my computer where they were brought into Audition for clean up and mixing with final output through Ozone. Hope you like, I really put my all into this one. All comments are welcome, especially on the lead tone. After listening to it just before uploading, I thought maybe a bit too much verb on the lead. But enough chattering, I've really got to learn to let my guitar do the talking, enjoy.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
This is quality mate. I love the playing :thumb: the lead tone is very is thick which works but I would have liked to have heard more of the guitar strat sound coming through. Nothing major though. Class job mate :)

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goport said:
This is quality mate. I love the playing :thumb: the lead tone is very is thick which works but I would have liked to have heard more of the guitar strat sound coming through. Nothing major though. Class job mate :)
Thanks Goport, kind words...........when you say more strat sound, are you talking about the rhythm sound, because the lead was done with an LP and humbuckers.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
my bad mate. I was drinking at lunchtime watching the football and I didn't didn't read your post properly. Sorry. I guess it explains why the lead didn't sound very strat like ;)

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Goport said:
my bad mate. I was drinking at lunchtime watching the football and I didn't didn't read your post properly. Sorry. I guess it explains why the lead didn't sound very strat like ;)
Drinking, watching football, and cruising the web.........you're a real multitasker there :bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Naifuzan said:
Great song, I agree. Very nice rendition of it.
Real jump blues feeling.
Recognized a bunch of licks from claptons version as well :thumb:
Thanks Naif, means a lot coming from you, and yeah I did steal.........er I mean learn a lot from Clapton's version.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I loved the lead tone...sounded like "Hot Texas" however you pulled it off. Nice stuff Ryth!! Just let it out bro...:rock: :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Rythameen..you sure can play some blues hun...Love that tone of yours very Hott!!:D :D

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, sgstd...........I''m working on a collab with Dlynn, but I am also trying to get a little Elmore James worked up too, It Hurts Me Too, I still have to decide whether to use slide or go at it Peter Green style. So look for more blues a comin. :rock:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Rythameen said:
Thanks, sgstd...........I''m working on a collab with Dlynn, but I am also trying to get a little Elmore James worked up too, It Hurts Me Too, I still have to decide whether to use slide or go at it Peter Green style. So look for more blues a comin. :rock:
Another great song choice. Love that one.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
cool short track, you got some of that nice tone coming thru at the end ther (particularly @ approx 2:18) for me ;)
cool stuff Rythameen!

any chance of nabbing the bt for this too?

·
Yeah, so what?
1,562 Posts
:mix: Yeah! This made tuesday into suddenly a Friday night for me for a couple minutes Thx!! Now thats gutt playing blues dude, no nonsense, right on the dot :thumb:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Wonderful playing. I love the sound of that 59 pup and the tweed setting on the pod. I'm a reverb junkie so I did not think there was too much here. The strat sounded very nice too! Great post.:bowdown:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, Pinky, Strat and Riff, you guys are too kind. I'm not too sure about being one of the "greats" here, but it's the trying that keeps me going. Thanks again guys.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts