Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the same backing DB used in Improv in G#. was from an early backing cd that was passed around yahoo like an easy cheerleader.
Its a great backing with alot of room for improv.

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=10480.mp3

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
yeah thats the one VB . got it from rectified who got it from Ed (80's) :) .. let phil know you posted it here dude he was after it

·
Registered
886 Posts
I got it. Yahoo.:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's definitely one of the best backings of all time for me. I have a pretty killer version of this one...very emotional. ;)

Danny Danzi

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dr Mindcrime said:
is it the same as Ab minor, sounds like it.
Correct Dr...G# and Ab are the same. All depends on how you were schooled. Some people are taught (like myself) C C# D Eb E F F# G G# A Bb B while others are taught Db instead of C#, Ab instead of G#. I actually edited this backing and brought it down to Gmin. Realistically, the track was done tuned a half step down, so the original author really played it in Amin. The good thing about this backing if we are tuned to 440, is it tests your skills playing in places you normally wouldn't play. LOL! I mean c'mon guys, how many times have we rockers HAD to play in G# for God sakes! LMAO! ;)

Danny Danzi

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
awesome job VB ...
this is a good backing i must say .. i think i have version of this lying around ...

if you wanna get picky G# and Ab are different theory wise and also i've been told that Ab is actually a tiny tiny tiny bit higher than G# .. pretty weird huh !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts