Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still stuck in the 70's!!!:lol: Just threw this together. I know the solo sucks...I did about 7 takes and still wasn't happy....so I gave up. I have no patience.:wtf: Oh well...here it is anyway.

Attachments

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
This is great Robbie!! I have never heard the original, so i am enjoying this purely on what I am hearing as opposed to how it compares to the original. Great tone on your guitar! This almost has a Santana feel to it. Tight playing with those harmony lines!
Nothing about this effort sucks!! I think it kicks ass!!! :rock:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Very nice SG!!...:thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx Linda, Mandy and Sergio!!!:D Real glad ya's stopped by!!:thumb:

Mandy...did you close your "Silent Night" thread? I was gonna reply to your question about what my comment meant. If your interested, PM me.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
sgstd said:
Still stuck in the 70's!!!:lol: Just threw this together. I know the solo sucks...I did about 7 takes and still wasn't happy....so I gave up. I have no patience.:wtf: Oh well...here it is anyway.
:scratch:

Dude you're being a bit too hard on yourself here. I think it sounded very good. Not gonna polish your balls and tell you it was completely flawless but it was a damn good cover. You captured the vibe in your playing and it worked. :thumbup: Go have a beer and listen to it again and you'll hear it comes across well.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx bro...appreciate ya listening!!:D The solo was one of those things where it just never felt right....and I'm not sure but the backing seems slower than the origional and it just sounds like it dragging. Oh well...it's still all just fun!!:bannana_g

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
this was killa robbie.. i like the allman bros, but i never heard this tune..excellent rendition though..great playing :bowdown: :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thx, Don!!!:D I liked the early ABB when Duane and Berry were alive. Kinda lost interest in the band when they died...even tho a guy I knew when I was still in Cincinnati left there to play with them.

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Very nice SG . I dunno the original tune either ! I like this very much tho ! excellent work !:D

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa sg, aweosme job!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
OH MAN I love this and all the Allmans stuff! Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You captured it perfect

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The best music of the 70s will never die because it was made by musicians who were truly motivated to make great music and not just be media product. You're doing a great service to the younger visitors by exposing some awesome music. The Allman Brothers did a lot of great stuff and this one was always a favorite of mine. I feel for you on having high personal expectations and wanting to be satisfied with the finished product. As it is, this sounds really good. If you go back and touch up anything, post the updated mix and we'll share in your joy!

BTW, did you create the backing track?? You mentioned that the tempo seemed slow; if so not by much. It sounds real accurate from my recollection. Good job!!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thx vm guys!!!:D Yeah I love the mid '60's to late '70's music!!!:woot: It was a gr8 time to be a budding guitarist!!!

Ksdb...the backing is a midi file that I doctored.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts