Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I recently purchased an Ibanez S470, I decided that I had best give that sucka a good work out, so deided to do a cover of Iron Maiden's "The Trooper".

On this song I used the S470FM, but since it has stock pickups, which are a bit weak IMHO, I used an old Electro Harmonix Linear Power Booster to kick up the output of the pick ups a bit. It was recorded using the CyberTwin SE set to the "Marshall Stack" setting and all of the effects were added after recording using Samplitude 2496.

Well here it is! Hope ya like it!

(Get ready to thrash your skull in a backwards and forwards motion for the next for or five minutes! hehehehe)

The Trooper - Rj Style

PS: If anyone wants to add vocals to this let me know - it would be awesome if some did!

Rj

·
Registered
7,602 Posts
Wow, this is a great cover. It is really tight. I love the tone, the dual guitars sound mighty fine, and the galloping is really well executed.

I hope someone can sing on it.

If the wife manages to stay awake long enough for me to have a try, I will have a bash, but I am no Bruce, and I haven't got a good mic, but it would be a laugh...

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Naifuzan said:
There is a great backing with vocals for this one, I have it shared on your DC hub.
Great cover btw, guitars sounds great.
Hey thanks Naifuzan! I checked the Backing Tracks For Guitarists DC hub, and found the backing track you mentioned. Not too bad! I may just have to re-do this tune on that backing track. You have quite a lot of stuff in there bro! :) (BTW - The PULSE CDs rock man! I love Pink Floyd!) Maybe we can get some more folks to join in.

Rj

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mondola said:
Wow, this is a great cover. It is really tight. I love the tone, the dual guitars sound mighty fine, and the galloping is really well executed.

I hope someone can sing on it.

If the wife manages to stay awake long enough for me to have a try, I will have a bash, but I am no Bruce, and I haven't got a good mic, but it would be a laugh...

:thumb:
Thaks for listening! Yeah - if you feel up to it, throw some vocals down and send'em to me. I'll mix them in and post it up. Even if you no "Bruce", it could still be fun!

Rj

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pathogen.guitar said:
That sounds GREAT :devilchil i wish i could mix some tracks like that...
Thanks! Glad you liked it! What do you use to mix up tunes?

Rj

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,842 Posts
rjfoster said:
Hey thanks Naifuzan! I checked the Backing Tracks For Guitarists DC hub, and found the backing track you mentioned. Not too bad! I may just have to re-do this tune on that backing track. You have quite a lot of stuff in there bro! :) (BTW - The PULSE CDs rock man! I love Pink Floyd!) Maybe we can get some more folks to join in.

I'm having trouble connecting to the BT4G DC hub, everytime I try to log on, I get this......
*** Connecting to bt4g.kicks-ass.net:...
*** Connection refused by target machine

I can connect to other public hubs no problem, just not the BT4G, any suggestions?

G

·
rjfoster said:
Thanks! Glad you liked it! What do you use to mix up tunes?

Rj
If i knew how to mix tracks and what programs to use .. i would be interested in that type of thing but i dont have any luck in finding good programs.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rythameen said:
rjfoster said:

I'm having trouble connecting to the BT4G DC hub, everytime I try to log on, I get this......
*** Connecting to bt4g.kicks-ass.net:...
*** Connection refused by target machine

I can connect to other public hubs no problem, just not the BT4G, any suggestions?
Did you make sure that you set the port to 1411? (ie bt4g.kicks-ass.net:1411) Are you behind a firewall or router? If so you need to forward your ports in order to get it to work right. Read the following web page for more info.

http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/faq/faq.php?display=faq&faqnr=11&catnr=2&prog=1&lang=en

Hope that helps!

Rj

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,842 Posts
rjfoster said:
Did you make sure that you set the port to 1411? (ie bt4g.kicks-ass.net:1411) Are you behind a firewall or router? If so you need to forward your ports in order to get it to work right. Read the following web page for more info.

Hope that helps!

Rj
Yeah, I forgot the port, but when it tries to log in, I now get this message

*** Connecting to bt4g.kicks-ass.net:1411...
*** Connected
<Hub-Security> This hub is running version 0.3.35 of the Shadows Direct Connect Hub Software.
<Hub-Security> This hub is for registered users only.
*** Disconnected

I double-triple checked the log and pass you set up for me, but no happines here.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rythameen said:
Yeah, I forgot the port, but when it tries to log in, I now get this message

*** Connecting to bt4g.kicks-ass.net:1411...
*** Connected
<Hub-Security> This hub is running version 0.3.35 of the Shadows Direct Connect Hub Software.
<Hub-Security> This hub is for registered users only.
*** Disconnected

I double-triple checked the log and pass you set up for me, but no happines here.
Did you make sure that the username and pass are exactly as in the email? (ie caps and all?)

Also, did you add BT4G to the favorites list and then right click it so that you can see properites? In the properites is where you enter your username / pass.

I'll double check the DC server to make sure that the username / pass is entered correctly on this end.

Rj

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,842 Posts
Yeah, I copied the log and pass out of your email to me, just to be on the safe side, so I figured maybe it was something entered on your end.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rythameen said:
Oops, forgot to say great job on the tune, tone is really nice.
Thx bro! Glad you liked it. Now if we can get your BT4G account working hehehe

Rj

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
guitarwizard2003 said:
great job on this RJ.. maiden kicks ass:icon_thum
Yes they do! Fun song to play too. Brought back memories of my Air Force days when I was over in england. Iron Maiden / Metallica were HUGE over there back then. (ie late 80s)

Rj

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.