Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this link atop the BT forum that removes vocals from mp3's and was wondering if anyone has it and does it really do what it says?
http://www.luxuriousity.com/backingtracksdownload.htm

Sounds to good to be true to me...will it preserve reasonable sound quality after the song is altered?:scratch:

·
Registered
377 Posts
there are several programs that do this, they play of the fact that usually the vocals are evenly distributed in the mix, so they take the right channel and reverse the phase and add it back, or something like that. problems occur when the songs vocals are not mixed this way, also it usually removes the BASS as well, also you end up with kinda a crappy sound usually. but yes it does work, it is better than nothing anyways...

FatesWebb

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fateswebb said:
there are several programs that do this, they play of the fact that usually the vocals are evenly distributed in the mix, so they take the right channel and reverse the phase and add it back, or something like that. problems occur when the songs vocals are not mixed this way, also it usually removes the BASS as well, also you end up with kinda a crappy sound usually. but yes it does work, it is better than nothing anyways...

FatesWebb
I kinda suspected this...I doubt I'll buy it. Thanx.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Riff Addict said:
Thanks goport...if it sounds too good to be true..it is.
Not always chap. Your stuff often sounds too good to be true but it is genuine. Then there is Dr Code, Strat78, Wahwah, Enders, 3Fingers etc. :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
here is a free one I think it is free, I have used it, and it was free at least when I used it.... heheh... hmmm

analogx vocal remover

it totally ruins some songs, others it does ok, but leaves a warbled hint at vocals, if you sing over that, it will sound much like reverb when your done. It isnt perfect, but does actually work......

Also your bass player may quit playin and walk off the track, guess he was friends with the vocalist you fired...

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fateswebb said:
here is a free one I think it is free, I have used it, and it was free at least when I used it.... heheh... hmmm

analogx vocal remover

it totally ruins some songs, others it does ok, but leaves a warbled hint at vocals, if you sing over that, it will sound much like reverb when your done. It isnt perfect, but does actually work......

Also your bass player may quit playin and walk off the track, guess he was friends with the vocalist you fired...
Might as well try it huh..since its free. I have a friend who wants to sing over some old favs to get his voice re-conditioned. He already uses my cover songs for practice which he refers to as "Metal Karaoke". :lol: I will tell you that as far as bass players, drummers and other guitarists, its much easier for me being a "one man band" cause BT's don't argue with me about everything.:D

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Fateswebb said:

analogx vocal remover

Don't bother with this. Only works well if the vocals were recorded DEAD center. Takes all the bass out of the tune and generally it sounds like shit after applied.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I've had some success removing vocals using Yogen Vocal Remover and MTU Vogone. Both let you add bass afterwards. Of course, they're not free... unless you know where to look, lol. It's not perfect, but with some practice you can get great results. Many of the karaoke tracks I posted in the old karaoke section were done this way.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I've used Adobe Audition to remove vocals....it has a few adjustments. Works perfect on some and less on others.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts