Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to address this issue. The short answer is no, your music is in no way protected on this site. Me nor the moderating staff can not guarantee that your music will not be taken by someone else and claimed as their own or anything else. We have over 12 gigs of mp3's on this site and there is simply no way we can monitor all of it. Any music you post should be considered public domain, all a person has to do is register to download it. If you are not comfortable with that or have a copyright on your music then I wouldn't suggest posting your music.

Khaos is no longer posting on this site and hasn't been for a couple of days now, we have decided it's best to let him go since there was no vaible explanation for his actions. Yes, I decided to give him time in doing so and that was my decision, not the mods so it's best to keep your issues with me regarding it.

Thanks to everyone for their patience with this and hopefully this has shed some light on the situation for you.

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
Well said.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Now, hopefully, that puts an end to that mess.
Now lets get back to what this site is all about and crank dem geetars:jam: :jam: :jam:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
This is my first and only post regarding this subject...aside from a PM that I sent to Pete commending him on his level headed and civil reaction to someone posting his playing and claiming it as their own. But, I have read every post in every thread concerning this. I saw everything from friend's blind denial to unconditional loyalty to hang him from the nearest tree. I was really afraid that things being said were gonna cause irreparable damage to some of the relationships on this site...a civil war, if you will. I sure hope that has not happened.

Although I hate to see a major contributor to the site, like Khaos go...and not because he was a huge source of backings but, because he obviously loved the site and the people who regularly post here... Eric, I know this must have been an extremely difficult decision to make. I also want commend you for taking your time and weighing all the pros and cons, and keeping your cool even when being verbally attacked in some of the posts. You have my utmost respect as a person and site administrator.:thumb:

Here's to Guitars101 :drunk:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Music Protected

I've been on here awhile now and while I get my PC and recording equioment together(POD XT and new Dell)I've thought about the copyright thing. I hope to post a original from my last band. Before we hit the studio I made sure to go through the proper channels and copyright all music and lyrics legally! It takes some research to do, but if you love your original stuff, you'll do it!
Protect whats yours so no one passes it off as their own. I've had band members try to re-release stuff we've done which were my own compositions down to the last note and yes I have stopped them! I may not play out as much anymore but I'll be damned if someone is going to use my music to further their career. I'm done.....my opinion. I'll shut up and see if I can post my humble tune without blowing up this stoopid frankenstein PC!

·
Registered
245 Posts
"He that stealeth his neighbor's original music and claims it is his, shall not :shame: inherit the Kingdom of Guitars101." (VanHagar 1:1)

G

·
i'm just lost!!!

can anyone help!!!
I stumbled across this site with my some who is a fluent rocker at the age of 9. He's been on guitar for 3 years. he is looking for about 4 backing tracks can you's guys help him???

:ball:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts