Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found hunderds of pod vs. v-amp topics, but can't find a good review comparing j-sation vs. the v-amp?
has anybody used both?
I want to buy one really soon, but can't make my mind up.. from reading the independent reviews on harmony central, it seems that v-amp is easier to use, but the j-station amp models sound better... is that about right?
I currently use a 9150 zoom valve dsp, but can't get a good amp sound that i like.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I am of the belief that you use what you think sounds best. If you are into the j-station and think the models sound better, then buy that modeller.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I can't speak for the v-amp, but I have a j-station. It is very easy to use if you use the software interface. It also has an spdif output(digital) which makes for very clean recording. I think the sounds are great, but it is not suited for any live playing, and you can't switch patches while playing unless you get a midi board or a j3 footswitch. You can listen to the files I have recorded with it and compare to some on the site that use the v amp. I also think that you can pretty much get close to whatever tone you are looking for from either of the units. It seems like there are more downloadable patches available for the vamp.

·
Registered
214 Posts
J-Station.........lotta top players use 'em. I love their HiWatt, '78 Marshall, Fender Twin models. It also has a cool gate, I can get great Holdsworthian fade-ins with it. Sounds great in a live situation. Can't afford a Laney yet, ha ha ha.

Peace, FormulaET

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Well I have the v-amp and I get bout any sound I want . I love mine . All a matter of opinion tho and I cant comment on the j-station cuz i dont have .... Best thing to do it go play both and see which you like best. We are all different and prefer different things . Only way your gonna know for sure it to play thru them both .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts