Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jack Bruce & Friends (Coryell,Mitchell,Mandel) - Fillmore East, NYC, 01-31-1970 (AUD)

Jack Bruce & Friends

Fillmore East, New York City, New York
January 31, 1970 (late show)

original lineage: master > wav > flac

additional lineage here is:
dime download (FLAC) > WAV (remastering) > FLAC.

Setlist:
01. Politician 4:55
02. Weird of Hermiston > Tickets to Waterfalls > Theme for an Imaginary Western 14:41
03. HCKHH (Hayseed Country Kicking Ho Ho) Blues 9:23
04. We're Going Wrong 5:04
05. The Clearout 7:13
06. Sunshine of Your Love (JAM) 9:34
07. Smiles & Grins Jam 10:49
runtime: 61:43

line-up:
Jack Bruce - vocals, bass
Larry Coryell - guitar
Mike Mandel - organ
Mitch Mitchell - drums

Thanks to olvator - the original poster, and to the later one (the name of whom i can't recover, unfortunately) who did some good remastering job on this recording and shared the improved copy of it on dime some years ago.

http://depositfiles.com/files/gnnsr109e

·
Registered
596 Posts
Two of my favorites there .. Larry Coryell and Mitch Mitchell
This copy might be better than the one I have, so thanks fairport

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wcpaeb, well, it only might happen if you suddenly have that old original version once posted on dime, i had that as well...can't remember exactly when the improved edition has followed there and i don't think there were any more reworking efforts uploaded, besides this particular one.
By the way, there's an adjusted version of this bunch's (except Mandel) show in Nice 1971 comes into sight on dime, didn't take/check new one yet...mayhap you could take a look too :icon_hung

·
Registered
596 Posts
fairport, thanks for the info, not a big deal if I already have this improved version.
I prefer the Nice broadcast to this one and was real excited to get it on cassette about 30 years ago. I think I have an adjusted version of it too on CDR.
I do have a DIME account but have never D/L'd any torrents and kinda glad about that because the amount of stuff on DIME alone is pretty overwhelming. Tho I've had a few people over the years D/L some stuff for me including EDGE (Jonathan Richman/Modern Lovers shows).

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wcpaeb, oh, this is reeally cool that you have a cassette with Nice performance! Actually if you're into Coryell it's no wonder you like the French gig better than this one, as that was like under his leadership and he does provide some marvelous solos there.)
I got your point on dime - it is easily to become so insatiable, being able to make good cheer from that buffet and lured to take a lot more than you actually need! But it is obviously a huge quantum of dime energy reflects in very deed on here, therefore to maintain a rational approach to file-hunting is an important thing, wherever one does this. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts