Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this on Friday. This is a Jackson DK2 Limited Edition. Only 24 were made, this is number 15. It has an EMG 81 in it. The DK2 line does not have a production model in White or with the one Hum or black hardware or Maple Fretboard. This thing plays like a dream and yes, the 24 of us that agreed upon the specs were going for the retro 80's Shred look.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Believe it or not, it was only $536 with a case shipped. It's part of the Jackson import line so it's a poor man's custom but it is a killer guitar.

·
drunken loser!
444 Posts
that looks so cool, i just bought a dkmg last week,
what a surprisingly good axe jacksons are.
that maple fret board does it for me.
did you find the action was a tad high when it turned up?.

i don't want to steal your post so i'll put a picture up on another post ok.
oh don't forget the pointy headstock will have your eye out if you aint careful.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have another Jackson DK2 I bought brfore Fender bought Jackson and the neck is thinner on that but the action on that one is so low if a gnat flies by it will fret the string and there is no buzz. This new DK2LE the neck is thicker and the action a bit higher but it still plays beautifully and it's easier to chord with the thicker neck, but it still shreds, I think, I can't shred but if I could this guitar could do it.

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
looks really nice man . i love white guitars like that .. not sure why .. just look kinda angelic ..
good luck with it bro

1 - 17 of 17 Posts