Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been playing for around 6 months, and I was wondering if I should use Ibanez or Jackson guitars?

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey dude. play what feels comfortable and gives you the sound/tone you are after. both companies have some less than good models.Ive owned a few ibanez' (first guit was an ibanez roadstar 2) then upgraded to kramer cos i wanted a double locking trem. about a year ago i bought a jackson dinky dk2 and it is great. fast neck.reliable trem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That is like asking coke or pepsi.....lol

No seriously it is all a matter of preference. What works for me may not work for you and vice versa. I love Ibanez, cause the necks on the Prestige line of guitars are super solid and fast. but Jacksons are nice too.......all I can suggest is you play and test every one you can, when the right one gets put into your hands you will know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, if you're going to shred a bunch, pick Ibanez.

I think Dave Mustaine uses Jacksons, but for example, Satch and Vai use Ibanez guitars.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It will also depend on the gear youre going to play it through. my jackson sounds average through my g-dec amp but sounds great through my orange, and even better through a yamaha stomp.

·
Registered
37 Posts
get what feels good and plays the best for you. Try bringing your amp to the music store to test the guitars out before you buy them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought an Ibanez purely on reputation and find it very easy to play.. Bought it online for £260 which was £100 cheaper than in the high street shops , and am verry happy with it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts