Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
I am new to the board here, and love what I see and hear! I am interested in participating in a jam session with some people, but I am not exactly sure how to start.

Here's some info on what I have / use on this end:
1980 Fender USA Strat
Fender Cyber Twin SE (Just got it)
1981 Marshall JCM 800 Model 2210 1/2 stack w/ 1960 A cabinet
Martin J 15 Acoustic

I use Samplitude Studio v 6.0 for recording, and have a wide selection of dsp effects for it.

I usually mic my amps since DI sounds like crap usually, and I don't have a POD or other similar device.

My playing style is anywhere from blues to heavey metal, I consider myself a pretty good rhythm player, and I play leads well, but I do not "rip" - more of a melodic lead player without lots of speed.

I have attached a copy of a song I did when I used to play in a band. In the attached song I play all of the rhythms and leads - should give you a pretty good idea of my talents.

NOTE: I had to delete the upload to make room for another tune - let me know if you want to hear this one.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Rob

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Rob I really liked that tune. Well done. Love the guitar playing, bro. Very 80s feel to this and slickly recorded. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If you're looking to jam, pop in the jam forum and see what's going on or feel free to PM someone with ideas to collab. I would be happy to jam with you any time.

Oh, and welcome to the foum. The addiction gets worse...

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, and I am glad you enjoyed the tune / playing. Yes, I agree, that song does have a very 80's feel to it even though it was recorded in like 1991 or 1992 (Cant recall for sure). Thats probably why the band never really lasted - sonicly we were behind the times! :doh: Oh well! Had fun doing it! :bannana_g

I guess you could say I am having a musical re-awakening. My guitars have been gathering dust for a few years - only playing for an hour or so once a month or so, but then I got the new amp (the cyber twin) and now I am back in the mood for some playing. I'll check around the forum and see whats going on!

Rock on!

Rob

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Well....you just missed out on 2 big jams.....Tributes to Dime. If you post a backing track I am sure you can find a few people to collab with you.

Anybody that wants can post a BT and start/mix a jam......just please follow some basic guidelines as you will see in other jam threads.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
rjfoster said:
Thanks for the reply, and I am glad you enjoyed the tune / playing. Yes, I agree, that song does have a very 80's feel to it even though it was recorded in like 1991 or 1992 (Cant recall for sure). Thats probably why the band never really lasted - sonicly we were behind the times! :doh: Oh well! Had fun doing it! :bannana_g

I guess you could say I am having a musical re-awakening. My guitars have been gathering dust for a few years - only playing for an hour or so once a month or so, but then I got the new amp (the cyber twin) and now I am back in the mood for some playing. I'll check around the forum and see whats going on!

Rock on!

Rob
Dude being stuck in the 80s is FAR from a bad thing. Hell I'm still sucking in the 70s!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We'll make you the honorary star of "That Seventies Show"...... hehehehe. Hey - I went to your site at sound click - you may want to check your link in your User CP - it looks funky and dosent work. (Unless you edit it manually) Here's what shows up in Internet explorer when I click your link:

http:// http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/lightsonproject.htm

Or maybe its my browser...... ??? Dunno

I listened to Noodlin Around - Great stuff! Nice jazzy feel to it - however what I really wanted to hear was the SRV tribute tune - but it wouldn't play. You might check on that too. I'll check in later and listen to it.

Later man!

Rob

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Thanks, Rob. Good catch. I'll fix it now. Thanks for checking out my stuff and for the kind words.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts