Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks again for putting this one up, what did you do to remove the guitars from the original?

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Thanks for this BT, PG. I did listen to your rendition and it reigned supreme.

I love both this song and Walk Away. I have a bootleg disk of Van Halen playing at Pasadena Community College just prior to the release of VH1 (the album, not the channel
) and they covered the song Walk Away. I thought that was interesting. I like this sort of hammer-on chord embellishing style in this tune.

It is good to receive more and more data to debunk my previousl theory that you didn't actually own a guitar.

Keep posting more.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha Jeff! I told ya
Now you know why I didn't want anybody to know

Skydog911, to remove the guitars, I used a few editing tricks in GoldWave. This can be done with alot of older tunes as long as the panning of the guitars is right and the mix isn't too wet. Basically, you isolate the stereo tracks and mute the side with guitars and then copy the guitar-less side to the deleted side(to keep the stereo sound. Also, for removing solos, I use a vocal removal plugin since solos are usually panned right up the middle. I posted a few Zeppelin backing tracks that I made using this method a while ago. It's a "hit & miss" method, but basically...the older the recording is, the better luck you'll have. Newer mixing techniques make this method impossible on newer recordings

·
Registered
479 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info.....i'll have to try it

G

·
Thanx Podgod , I appreciate the vocals for sure. You know me , Im always looking for vocals added in. Great job ! !
Thanx again, be talkin at ya.....Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts