Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using Guitar port 2.51 and my trusted MIM 96 Fender Sambora Strat [modded with an Ibanez Edge trem and Seymour Duncan Hot Rails on neck]. At some parts I like it at some not, it's an one take jam. My regular tone is brighter than this [haven't change strings for a while now and it appeared on the take].
Any comments welcome. TIA

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,253 Posts
Yeah, you got some JS in some of that. The tone is one thing but the vibrato is another! One of my fave players so I'm highly critical (cos I can't get his tone! :mad: ) but I think you were definitely 'in the zone' for some of that recording. :thumb: Welcome to the site by the way!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks wahwah for listening and for you kind words:) I made some posts in the past here [during past summer] under the nick z43k0 [can't seem to remember the password though but it's allright]. I recently got an ADSL connection home so..here I am:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks sgstd really apreciated it :)
I saw that Thank you button under this thread and I thought it was a mechanism for immediately thank someone via pm or something, proved to be a thank bot for me.
Here in greece we have a say...
"Giannis Kerna kai giannis pinei" ... meaning "John pays, and only john drinks" LOL...
that bot message "zaeko thanks zaeko for this thread..." was hilarious... accidentall click m8s don't misjudge me:) Somebody plz delete that
Btw here in Greece is Easter, I wish to you all Long live happilly. cheers

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the comments, glad you liked it. :)
Whitesnake is one of my favorite bands [especially the 87 album] and so is Lizzy. When I jammed over I had in mind three solos of his: Crying in the Rain, Looking for Love [killer piece] and Still of the Night [live version from Blue Murder Live album]. His tone along with Eddie's is what I think 80s rock guitar is all about, so your comments is indeed an honour. Thaks again.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks DrCode, I used to go with an all tube setup [Fender Twin Reverb and a couple of Tube Overdrives - Tubeman, Tube King and George Dennis Tube], but nowadays with GuitarPort I am a bit lazy. Tried to emulate my tube sound based on 1993 Solo 100 Head, but that's not possible unfortunately. For jams I guess is ok. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.