Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its been awhile so thought I"d post a tune . Decided to mic my amp this time and see how it turned out . Lemme know what ya think . Prefer using my amp but online its not always convienent . Not my best playin but oh well hahaha ignore the mistakes :notme:

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
nice playing there zeppy !

i have to agree wiht you i prefer much more to play with an amp and an amp sound than the pod ,

i like the tone you got out of it . . did you put many effects on your amp ? .. sounds like a bit of chorus or even flanger on there .. could just be my ears though ! :lol: either way i liked the tone :)

another one of my favourite backings this one , and i think you did it justice nice job :thumb:

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stiglar said:
nice playing there zeppy !

i have to agree wiht you i prefer much more to play with an amp and an amp sound than the pod ,

i like the tone you got out of it . . did you put many effects on your amp ? .. sounds like a bit of chorus or even flanger on there .. could just be my ears though ! :lol: either way i liked the tone :)

another one of my favourite backings this one , and i think you did it justice nice job :thumb:
Almost right stig , Just some reverb and chorus and gain thats all my amp has lol but it gets the job done . Dont have flanger so wasnt that . I dont like alot of fx . Little chorus or delay and sum reverb and gain and Im all set . Thanks for ya compliments and for listening :) . It sounded a bit distant but I had the mic right on it so guess it wont get any better than that .

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
zeppy said:
Almost right stig , Just some reverb and chorus and gain thats all my amp has lol but it gets the job done . Dont have flanger so wasnt that . I dont like alot of fx . Little chorus or delay and sum reverb and gain and Im all set . Thanks for ya compliments and for listening :) . It sounded a bit distant but I had the mic right on it so guess it wont get any better than that .
Oh cool yeah i'm teh same i only tend to use a bit of distortion and chorus maybe some reverb when i jam with my amp too ... as for the distant thing .. i'm sure some of the other guys on here could give you more advice about that and how maybe to eq it to sound more how you want it .. but ti sounded pretty good to me ! ...

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Warm and nice Zeppy.
Yeah I know about the distant feel from mic'ing, but just fool around with the placement of the mic, maybe use a "uglier" eq on the amp.
I record with a very in your face sound, but it gets pleasent through the mic and the console:)
Otherwise cool feel and that backtrack is mighty nice to play along with.
:icon_thum

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
nice playin. good sound. What amp do you use?:jam:

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much for listening Rid , Flair and Mikey !

Ltns mikey .... been wonderin where ya been ! Glad to see ya .

Flair I use an older model crate amp from the early 90's called a tube driven 50 chorus . It has the preamp tube in it . Pretty good amp actually .... one of the better ones from crate :) Has 2 channels , gain , reverb and chorus built in . Only wish it had a lineout jack so I could go direct to the computer . Other than that I love the sound I get from it .

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
this was awsome sweetie... sowwy it took me so long but you know why i havent been on:ball: :ball: beautiful feel as always... little more distant sounding since its mic'ed and not direct but the playing is still outstanding:sap:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
That's a killer backing, Zeppy!!!:woot: And that's some tasty jams over top of it, young lady!!!:jam: Gr8 job!!!:icon_thum

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Hey Zeppy! I love the tone. Doesn't sound distant to me. Great treat to hear. I actually love the mix. To me it has a great grind to it. Nice, nice stuff!! :thumb:

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
guitarwizard2003 said:
this was awsome sweetie... sowwy it took me so long but you know why i havent been on:ball: :ball: beautiful feel as always... little more distant sounding since its mic'ed and not direct but the playing is still outstanding:sap:
awww I know sweetie ... Im so glad to see ya if just even for a lil while :sap: Glad your kinda back . Thanks so much for listening and ya compliments .

Thanks also to sg , 3fingers and weldaar for listening and ya comments Weldaar, no its not a shure sm57 or 58 hahahah its a cheapo radio shack mic .... Actually meant for singin so prolly not the best to use to mic an amp with .

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds great Zeppy. And like Rid said mess around with the placement of the mic. Try placing the mic toward the edge of one of the speakers instead of directly on the cone of the speaker. But theres nothing wrong with the way it sounds right now. Just mess with it tilil you get the sound that you want! :icon_thum

1 - 20 of 21 Posts