Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Listening now -

Comments: Excellent note choice. You followed the chord changes well
I like how it started of slow and then started to pick up some.
I guess the ONLY complaint that I have is that it's Half note, half note half note half note half note THIRTYSECOND NOTE
THIRTYSECOND NOTE THIRTYSECOND NOTE THIRTYSECOND NOTE THIRTYSECOND NOTE THIRTYSECOND NOTE THIRTYSECOND NOTE THIRTYSECOND NOTE THIRTYSECOND NOTE THIRTYSECOND NOTE THIRTYSECOND NOTE
Half note... Half note...

It's maybe me just being picky, and I AM but it's for the better good of music :)
I guess I'd suggest maybe trying something inbetween those speeds. It's obious you can shred, but I'd like to hear you play something more in pace with the rest? Maybe I'll post something tomorrow with that backing so you can see what I'm trying to refer to maybe.
Again - take my advice with a grain of salt, I'm a keyboardist although I DO play guitar, but we're all musicans
Hope what I says helps anyway!

·
kiss my axe
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i know what u mean
its just a jam tho lol
there are no tempo changes in the backing so i think thats why i kept switching between 2 tempos in the lead( if thats what u mean)
still fun to do tho
bc im just here to learn a bit
so advice is always welcome man

·
Registered
125 Posts
Very nice work on both parts

Dutch what kind of amp, pod,ect are using to get that kind of sound....I really like it....You sure you have only been playing serious for 4 years???? What a motivator for us newbies.

·
kiss my axe
3,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for listening mike and micoyote

yeah i play for 4 years
all i could play b4 was smoke on the water on the low E
oh and iron man at the same string

i cant read music and stuff tho i just play by ear

i use a line 6 guitarport micoyote

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks for the unfo dutch...I play with a line 6 Flex 3 xl with the short board, and I have put some thought into a Pod or guitar port.

Once again...great work man..I hope I am were you are in 4 years....

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
This was a soaring piece of work. enigma's advise is something we all strugle with, but your sound was so righteous that just hearing those notes singing above the backing was thrilling! Very sweet phrasing on this.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
There is a descending run on this towards the end (after the tapping part) that is otherworldly , what the hell was that? -I fit so perfectly! Was it harmonics?

G

·
Great soloing! I'm listening it over and over again

(btw enigma: your analysis to my version wasn't that long.. actually there was no comments att all ;) )

1 - 20 of 22 Posts