Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - here it is - my entry for the January contest. The song linked below is called "Shakin' The Train". All of the guitar work in this song was done by yours truly. I think you will especially enjoy the talk box solo, and the special effects used in this tune.

Click Here to Listen to ---> Shakin The Train

Enjoy, and have a great day!

Rock On! :icon_peac
Rj

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
This and Wahwahs hope is a good reason for me not to enter. Great track - is this your band? Loved the solo :thumb:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah - this is a band that I was in that is no more..... :( We had a good thing going, but it fell apart. Bummer - oh well. Life goes on!

Glad you liked the tune!

Rj

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mondola said:
Damn this is great. Very tight, excellent production and really good fills. I love the talk box on this ! You are right.

So many influences on here. Dave Lee Roth obviously, but I hear Satch, Vai, and the tone in the solo reminds me of Rothery...

Wow !!!

:thumb:
Glad you liked it! We had that professionally recorded at a big studio here in town. I can't remember the name of it now, but I do remember that they had recorded some big name country stars and orchestras. We were a little "different" in terms of clientelle - they didn't do much rock and roll stuff back then. We recorded an entire album there, and dropped about $5000 on the studio time.. It was great fun though.

If you would like to hear more, click the link below. Bad Boys and Seize The Moment are two more tunes I would suggest. There are some basement four tracker cuts in there too.

More Diamond Edge Tunes

Rock on doods! :icon_peac

Rj

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Man this was fkin killa!!!!!..Love the Wah and the talk box!!!...But most of all love the vox!!!!:bowdown:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rain said:
Man this was fkin killa!!!!!..Love the Wah and the talk box!!!...But most of all love the vox!!!!:bowdown:
Thanks! Gald you enjoyed that tune!

Nice job on Heartbreaker by the way! :)

Rj

·
Registered
125 Posts
Reminded me of Poison and Warrant back in the day. Vocals are solid and the muscianship is superb. Very good polish on the song!! No 1/2 ass prodution here. Well I got to go Shake my Train!!!! :nunu:

Peace

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
armada1 said:
Reminded me of Poison and Warrant back in the day. Vocals are solid and the muscianship is superb. Very good polish on the song!! No 1/2 ass prodution here. Well I got to go Shake my Train!!!! :nunu:

Peace
Thaks for the kind comments! Too bad that band fell apart. :( But it was fun and we made some good music. Lata!

Rj

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was fkin killa, awesoem job, awesoem entry!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sister_Wrath said:
Great vocals, great melody, catchy lyrics, and great awesome feeling...this kick ass:rock:
Thanks for the comments! Glad you enjoyed the tune!

Rj

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sister_Wrath said:
Great vocals, great melody, catchy lyrics, and great awesome feeling...this kick ass:rock:
PS: I just listened to Angel - Nice Job! I'd love to mix that up for ya using Smaplitude Studio so that I can add reverb and stuff. Do you still have the backing track and vocals audio files for that? If so, let me know - I think I could really sweeten that mix up for ya!

Rj

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
indybeast said:
Cool VOX! Who's they guy doing vocals? Is he local here?
Well, he used to be - last I heard he had moved back to his home town somewhere in Illinois. I've kinda lost track of the whole bunch over the years.....

Rj

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Loved it RJ...great vocals (sounds a bit like Geoff Tate at times)...and the talk box is cool.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
VHfanOU812 said:
Loved it RJ...great vocals (sounds a bit like Geoff Tate at times)...and the talk box is cool.
Glad you liked it VHFan! Dont forget to vote!!! :)

Rj

1 - 20 of 21 Posts