Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok everyone, Let's get this idea rollin along. For the month of January,, we will be paying our tributes to one of the all time greatest bands in rock's history,,, Van Halen. Thois is how the rules will go for this idea..

1. must be a collaberation ( collab= band) no limit to how many people are in your band

2. your band must have a band name named in honor of Van Halen.

3. the people you collab with,,, will stick together as a band for the full month that this is going on till it changes next month to a different band.

4. there is no limit to how many covers of vh tunes ya do,, this is for all in fun and to pay tribute to vh,, not a contest.

5. we will post our tribute songs of vh in covers section.

and most of all have fun with this cause this is what it's all about!!!!!!

To get this thing rolling,,, me,, Rain,, and TopJimmy78 will be paying tribute to Van Halen. our band name is " Best Of Both Worlds" that we are using for this month. Hope to see more of yas out there joining in on this!!! Rock out all!!:rock: :rock: :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
What a way to start off the new year!!!!!....Great idea hun...I'm sooo excited to work with you and jimmy!!!!!:twisted: :twisted: :D

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
I am pumped for this, it is aweosem to be working with ya Scott and Mandy Love!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Well, being that some say I can do a good Sammy, I'd like to volunteer myself to work in a team. I play keys and am familiarized with mixing and stuff. It'd be an honor working w/you guys:rock: . I have the following:
Instruments:
-KORG N364
-Roland EXR3
Apps:
-Cool Edit Pro
-Adobe Audition 1.5
-Cakewalk 9.3
-Traktion
-eMagic

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool! we will kepp that in mind for sure! hope more will come to saee this thread! i have to start workin with Mandy and Jimmy on some vh now wohoooo!:icon_thum

·
Registered
733 Posts
mondola said:
I'd be up for this, Robert. There's not many that I can play mind, so we'd have to get another guitarist in in order to help me out !

:lol:
robert, mondy, id be up for it.:D i might be the one in need of help though... :lol:

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
MattM said:
robert, mondy, id be up for it. i might be the one in need of help though...
Well, it says there's no limit to how many people we can have in our band. So lets get yakamashi and wahwah and Ej on board as well, but take all the credit. How's that sound guys ?

I'm up for this challenge, but man, Eddie's beaten me so many times when I've tried his songs !

:rant:

And, MattM, what's wrong with the strips ? Stripes are goo-od !!! :rock:

·
Registered
733 Posts
mondola said:
Well, it says there's no limit to how many people we can have in our band. So lets get yakamashi and wahwah and Ej on board as well, but take all the credit. How's that sound guys ?

I'm up for this challenge, but man, Eddie's beaten me so many times when I've tried his songs !

:rant:

And, MattM, what's wrong with the strips ? Stripes are goo-od !!! :rock:
hmm..if we are gonna hvae that many people we will have to divide a whole song up into pieces, instead of individually played parts. how would we do this? :scratch:...and we could pick something easier too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
MattM said:
hmm..if we are gonna hvae that many people we will have to divide a whole song up into pieces, instead of individually played parts. how would we do this? :scratch:...and we could pick something easier too.
Well, here's what we need to do. We need to know what software everyone's comfortable using. Then we need to break down who's playing what, like lead, rhythm, keys: synth or piano, live/seq'd drums, live/seq'd bass, and singing. I think if we give structure and organization to the band, we'll do a great job in rendering the songs we'd like.:jot:

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Umm, I'm a bit lost as to who's playing with who here now. I only suggested wahwah and yaka in a tongue in cheek sort of way since they are so damn good. Yaka is the shredmaster, and wahwah used to be the "Eddie" in a tribute band !

I'm still available, so whoever wants me to play alongside with them, let me know. I can't do any of the solo's though, but I can do a mean 316 and Deja Vu !!!

Won't be offended if not picked though, with the likes of mickey_g, J-Mart, wahwah and Yaka up for grabs !

:thumb:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Guys, just go ahead and do a track. There'll be plenty of guitarists for this stuff on the site I would think! It'll be singers that you'll need to keep an eye out for! I'll wait 'til the dust settles and see whats left...already entered the monthly comp so I can hang fire. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Ite den lets do it!

I'm ready to get in on this tribute - although I MAY be able to pull off an eddie lead, there may be some one else here more qualified. I'm definitely in on the rhythm guitar tracks tho. Anyone interested?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts