Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just on jasonbecker.com and i was scrolling through the photos and reading the words he wrote .. and it almost made me wanna cry ... here is a guy who at his peak was really lets be honest .. technically above and beyond anyone else .. who at the age of 17 recorded some of the most difficult and amazingly inspiring guitar shred ever ... and now he really cant even move ... makes you wanna cry for him it really does ... so i propose a toast to the one and only guitar master of the universe .. jason becker .. heres to you jason \m/ a true virtuoso and still continuing to inspire many upcoming shredders ... \m/

·
Captain DB... Savvy ?
3,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man .. the guy just wont let it keep him down .. truly inspiring

·
Banned
488 Posts
He's one of my Idols.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
he keeps me playing music when things get really really down..
rock on guys..

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Jason will always be remembered. He could do anything. And the stuff he did with marty was also amazing!!!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
i'm not really a fan of shred guitar myself but after seeing pics of becker in his present state, its really sad that a healthy young man is reduced to this bad condition.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
It is a sad set of events, but he is inspiring.

Like I said, I was humbled when I saw Eddie's guitar at The San Francisco Hard Rock Cafe.

This is the only picture I can find of it at the moment, but I had a close up of the plaque that described how Eddie played the guitar at a benefit concert for Jason Becker, who suffers from Lou Behrig's disease.

As I say, it was very humbling. Certainly does make you appreciate what you have got !

·
Registered
234 Posts
I agree , going through his web site is gut wrenching to me. It's so sad that a great talent like his was taken away from us so early, and that he has been reduced to the physical state that he has had to endure for all of these years.
I cannot feel enough for his family, I have a small child and I could not even begin to imagine how to deal with something like this happening to my daughter.
I have been learning some tunes from Perpetual Burn and I am blown away at what an advanced Player he was at such an early age.
I wonder what we would have been hearing from him if this god awul disease
had not taken him from us. It's funny usually when people discuss sweeping arppeggios Yngwie is the one who is always mentioned. I'm sorry but I think Jason took it a hell of alot further than Yngwie did, I find his style much more difficult to emulate than Yngwies.

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
jason becker is one of my influences. he`s an excellent player. an example to other shredders

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
I remember his playing more from the 'Little Ain't Enough' album he did with Dave Lee Roth. His playing on tracks like 'It's Showtime' is breathtaking. I think he did the same move as Gilbert and showed the guitar world that he wasn't just a neo-classical guy; that he could play stuff that had him written all over it. Whenever I hear 'It's Showtime', I smile at how fooking good he was. Not many get the chance to take over gunslinging duties from the likes of Steve Vai.

I wish him the best that he can get in his life.

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
wahwah said:
I remember his playing more from the 'Little Ain't Enough' album he did with Dave Lee Roth. His playing on tracks like 'It's Showtime' is breathtaking. I think he did the same move as Gilbert and showed the guitar world that he wasn't just a neo-classical guy; that he could play stuff that had him written all over it. Whenever I hear 'It's Showtime', I smile at how fooking good he was. Not many get the chance to take over gunslinging duties from the likes of Steve Vai.

I wish him the best that he can get in his life.

Yeah, that was a great album. It was a shame that he didn't even get to tour for the album.

:cry:

He's a great guitarist, yeah a true inspiration, and he is fooking good !!!

:thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's a lots of guitar Gods out there... But, there is only ONE Jason Becker!!!
Remember that!
Jason bless you!

(p.s. sorry about my bad English, but I think you got the point...)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts