Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else thinks this guy kicks ass? :afro: :laugh:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's got a great playing style too. The way he uses his tremolo to make it sound almost like he's using a slide. I think that's really cool :icon_cool

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
And the best part about him is that he keeps exploring his guitar!!
He is one my absolute biggest inspirations as a player.
Great stuff and wonderful quirky at the same time!
Lots of edge and fire.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually really like his newer stuff. I think the electronic type music sounds really good with some sweet guitar playing :rock:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
grant said:
Too Experimental.
That's actually what I like most about Beck. He is an awesome player with great technique, but he also pushes himself in new directions.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has anybody heard if Beck plans on releasing a new album sometime soon?

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
A must have album has to be Blow By Blow , from 1975 , produced by George Martin it his where Jeff went Jazz Rock and got himself all Mega great after been in the doldrums for years , Personally i always feel uncomfortable watching Beck play live , he looks agitated and irksome . sometimes he makes blobs but thats what you get when you push the boundries i guess ......

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Rid said:
Hah in your dreams;)
Beck at least pushes borders..Clapton...well
Agreed, agreed, Beck never stops. He is always pushing the envelope of his technique and creativity.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bluesplayer said:
A must have album has to be Blow By Blow , from 1975 , produced by George Martin it his where Jeff went Jazz Rock and got himself all Mega great after been in the doldrums for years , Personally i always feel uncomfortable watching Beck play live , he looks agitated and irksome . sometimes he makes blobs but thats what you get when you push the boundries i guess ......

You've seen him live? That'd be awesome! He's next on my list of players to see live. I don't have Blow By Blow, but I'll pick it up sometime. How do you like his new stuff? I really like it, he's got some cool sounds. It seems a lot of the new "experimental" guitar stuff just has one beat/rythmn, while the guitar solos the whole time. On the other hand, Beck seems to have both the guitar and music compliment each other.

Does he have any live DVDs or videos? I ordered that live CD from jeffbeckbootlegs.com, so that should be in sometime. I'd just like to see some video of him :bannana_g :afro:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
I've got a great Beck story! I was at my wife's Grandfather' funeral about 12 years ago in the North East of England and we were talking to my wife's Auntie and my wife asked how one of her cousins was. She said she was modelling and going out with 'Jeffrey' who lived down South and played the guitar.

"I've got some pictures of them-I'll go and get them" she said. We were talking to the Vicar who had conducted the service and Annie's (my wife) Auntie came back and said "Here they are" and thrust two pictures in front of me and the Vicar. One was Annie's cousin TOPLESS as she was a Page 3 girl (!) and the other was Jeffrey...yeah, Jeff Beck! Well, the Vicar swallowed his ice cube and started choking and I didn't know whether to be more impressed by the fact that the wife's cousin was a topless model or that she was going out with Jeff FUCKING Beck! :shocked: She promised next time she spoke to her Niece she'd drop my phone number into the conversation somehow but it never happened. We very nearly got to meet him a few months later but got the timing wrong. We were up visiting and she said they'd driven up the day before and stayed a few hours. He parked his big American hot-rod outside the house and none of the buses could get past...made the local papers and everything I was told!

Eventually Mr Beck moved on to his next Page 3 girl and the chance to meet him was gone. I'd have probably bored him shitless tho as I found out he hates talking about guitars. Cars? Yeah...but guitars...NO! Never met the cousin either! :ball:

'Where Were You' off of the Guitar Shop album is a sublime piece of music. Check it out. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
That IS a gr8 story, Chris!!!!:lol: Jeff is probably my all time favorite guitarist!! I've seen him twice in recent years....the first time was is a 1500 seat venue. I was 7th row. He tossed his metal slide into the audience and my nephew came up with...and gave it to his favorite uncle...ME!!!!!!:D That show was gr8!!!:bowdown: The next time I saw him was with B.B. King...they each did a set and then did a set together. Jeff seemed a little perturbed at that show. They had them booked into a huge venue that wasn't even half filled.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is a cool story! :afro:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts