Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't have any idea where to put this seeing how the bands forum is gone so im sure you mods wil put it in the right place...

i need to get you opinions on this song! Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah seriously the greatest song ever!! i just watched the season finale of the oc (season 1) and this song was on. this song nearly makes me cry, but only his version though no other version does! its incredible i can't explain it. you have to tell me what you think

and whats the story with jeff buckley? he drowed right? what happened?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Glad you discovered Jeff Buckley Mickey, the man was a special talent with one of the most beautiful haunting voices ever recorded. He was also a fantastic guitar player, I believe he studied at G.I.T.
If you haven't heard the album "Grace" I suggest you add it to your collection as soon as possible! There is also a DVD recorded live in Chicago called "Mystery White Boy" which is essential viewing.
The story goes that he went down to the mississippi river one night with one of his crew, put a Led Zeppelin album on the boom box (his favourite band) and went in for a swim. His mate stayed on the river bank and lost sight of him in the dark. His body was recovered later, washed up at the end of Beale Street (known as the "Home of the Blues"). How eerie is that?
Your right about his version of Hallelujah (written by Leonard Cohen), Jeff took this song and touched many people with his beautiful rendition.
A fantastic talent lost to the world...........................

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Jeff Buckley was a one-off and played everything and anything he liked. 'Grace' is a fantastic album...'Mojo Pin' is very Zeppelin-esque to my ears. In Septembers 'Guitar' magazine, Jimmy Page quoted he was the best singer he'd ever heard live but it's not a classic rock sound. Radiohead, Keen and Coldplay have DEFINITELY been majorly influenced by this guy. A sad loss to a major talent.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
geez,. that is so sad, he is one of the best singers ive heard. whats the song about? because my first guess is religion but im guessing that is wrong.
how old was he when he died? and are his other songs like that or is it all up beat rock stuff? thanks for your help fellas

·
Registered
114 Posts
SOOK! WUSS!
Just kiddin', That song is really powerful and you are right. You shouldn't give a fuck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts