Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another fave track here, this time a Jeff Healey version of the classic While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps (6.7mb)

Thanks to John Wright (a work colleague) for spending the time to bosh some vocals over the track.

track info:-
John Wright - Vocals
SLoB - gtrs, mix & production

hope you all enjoy this rendition of an old classic, I've tried to capture some of that Jeff Healey magic with my version, enjoy :)

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Man...this killed, bro!!!!!:bowdown: Gr8 guitar work and tone!!!:jam: And your buddy did a fantastic job with the vocals!!!:icon_thum

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Smokin SLoB!!! Full of flavor!! Nicely done vocals. Bosh it guys!! :rock: :rock:
A tad little bit of clipping on the vocal imo, but the guy's got the goods!!

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
I almost missed this!!!! Jeff Healey is one of my FAVS! You did great on this, he is impossible to copy on the guitar, some of those runs of his are off the wall!!! GREAT JOB!:woot:

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Nice

Wow, great guitar work!! One of my favorite Healey covers!!! Nicely done!!!

Got any more Healey in ya????

Jeff

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Great job guys..:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was great, awesome job! :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thnx all, Jeff Healey rox, his playing is superb given his disability, this was one of my fave tracks of his, think i did it some justice

not getting any clipping here, but will double check the output lvls again, i'm playing this at 100% volume with nada clipping, sure i set it to -0.5db for the final version, will maybe refresh the version uploaded on my ftp tonite

1 - 11 of 11 Posts