Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
23/10/84
01 in a hole
02 you trip me up
03 never understand
04 taste the floor

03/02/85
05 the living end
06 inside me
07 just like honey

29/10/85
08 some candy talking
09 psychocandy
10 you trip me up
11 cut dead

25/11/86
12 fall
13 in the rain
14 happy place

31/05/88
15 sidewalking
16 coast to coast
17 take it
18 my girl

26/11/89
19 far gone and out
20 silverblade
21 here comes alice

https://sendgb.com/t1TpBncRLlg

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They're fucking RADIO sessions…..free to download by anyone. Fuck sake man....are you still pulling this shit. Can't you just come on the website, see something you like then download it....and maybe leave a little 'thank you'!!!....everybody knows that radio sessions have been released one way or another, that doesn't mean they shouldn't be made widely available...the band aren't losing money on this....why?....because they're RADIO SESSIONS!!!...I could show you cd covers for 100's of bootlegs that appear on G101 mate...means nowt.
I'm sure you're probably a decent guy but there's a lot of work gets put into this site by a lot of people and we don't need shit like this....

·
Registered
104 Posts
Pulling what sh!t?
I’m simply, as a courtesy, letting you know these were commercially released by the band themselves.
There was no malice in my post & there’s no need to be such a fud about it.
I’m aware they are radio sessions, but that doesn’t preclude them from being commercially released. Many bands have done so (Banshees, Joy Division, The Cure, Killing Joke, The Chameleons & more). So effectively they are denied any reparations when their commercially released work is offered as free downloads & if I happen to spot commercially released material I will try to alert the OP & the site admin of the risk. What they do with that information is entirely up to them.
As you pointed out, there is work gone into this site. Would it not be a shame if it was shut down for letting piracy go unchecked?

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how is it piracy????? are you for real...your quite clearly missing the point on radio sessions...why? cos someone made a cover???? if anything, i'm stopping people making money out of these bands by uploading radio broadcasts for free download...as do many other G101 members....as soon as that peel session or BBC concert has been broadcast it becomes public property....and i'd ask you next time you contact me not to call me a fud or any other derogatory name....you're totally killing what's great about this website with that attitude....and at least now, by your own admission, we all know you're some kind of 'grass'. If you've got nothing constructive to say, then I strongly suggest you either stay off this site or just download and be happy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
how is it piracy????? are you for real...your quite clearly missing the point on radio sessions...why? cos someone made a cover????
Yes. Someone made a cover. The BBC & the JAMC made a cover. & an album. & a CD. Not some bootlegger.
It was released by them (not a bootlegger) in 2000 on Strange Fruit records (who also officially released many Peel sessions under license from the BBC).
https://www.discogs.com/The-Jesus-And-Mary-Chain-The-Complete-John-Peel-Sessions/master/142197

&
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Complete_John_Peel_Sessions_(The_Jesus_and_Mary_Chain_album)

The Complete John Peel Sessions is an album released by Scottish alternative band The Jesus and Mary Chain.

It comprises the sessions the group recorded for the late Radio 1 DJ John Peel on his late night radio show from 23 October 1984 to 26 November 1989. Peel was an early supporter of the band and gave them well needed publicity which they were unable to gain from the majority of other DJs and music programs of the day who concentrated mostly on the Synthpop craze sweeping the 1980s.
Maybe you weren't aware of this.

But, despite me simply alerting you to this fact, by your reaction you clearly know better than any silly copyright lawyers & this g101 rule is redundant
https://www.verticalscope.com/aboutus/tos.php?site=guitars101.com

You may not:
Use the Web Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cureboi….we've been here before....GO AWAY!!!!! I ain't interested in a single word you've got to say....you're a snake, we get it....you're not interested in the music, you're just into causing trouble....that's fine, that's who you are....but could you maybe find somewhere else to do it. I'll say it once more....100's of members on this site post radio broadcasts....if admin contact me and tell me to stop posting radio broadcasts then i'll stop....I ain't stopping just 'cos you're not happy....now, why don't you waddle off and cry to the admin people and leave my posts alone....a lot of people rely on them!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts