Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that the guitarist from the band "jet" says that Satriani and EVH are both nothing more than shredders that have no feeling. What the H is that about? Anyone read the article? I havent gotten it yet.

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Jet who? Wont be around long what? They would eat that Flaming Duschue Bag for breakfast......(if he really said that)

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
WTF?? Whio said this again? That dude shouldn't even be able to mention EVH and Satch's names lol, no feeling wtf, dude needs to get his fckin ears checked

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Well,,i enjoy the band jet myself!...everyone has there own opinions about guitarist...if we all liked the same music it would get so old and boring and die out...

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i agree Satriani is GREAT.. great axe man.. can i say that?.. well anyway.. who knows why nic or cam (not sure which one) said that or he's speakin for the whole band or what.. dunno *shrugs* .. his comment was that there was no emotion in Satriani's (and others) music. . as.suming he meant the virtuoso guitar work.. isnt that what some people said about picasso's work back in the day?.. now they're worth millions .. its the perception of the person listening, if they dont feel the emotion , then change the channel.. the kinda music malmsteen/others is classical rock, personally, instead of piano or violin in classical music its been replaced with an electric guitar.. its beautiful.. let CREATIVITY REIGN...!!!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Actually, they took a shot at Vai too, lol. Here's the quote from the November issue of Guitar World...

Cester-
All these guys with their nose buried in these books on speed and technique...(waves his hand dismissively) How plastic can you get? I never cared for any of those guys like Joe Satriani or Steve Vai. It all sounded so devoid of emotion.

GW-
How about Eddie Van Halen? You can't deny the emotion in his playing, especially his early work.

Cester-
Mmmm, I don't know. That whole tapping scene...I didn't wanna be a part of it.

A good read though...they're young and so naive it's pathetic. I like their music, but please... show some respect! Damm kids

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Mickey you just let me know when your going over to the house....YOu bring the pitch fork and I will bring the fire!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
he doesnt want to be a part of the tapping scene because he probibly doesnt know how to, hes an untalented piece of crap who makes millions off of stupid ass teenagers who buy their cds. he has no business talking about satch, vai and eddie like that when all that homo can play is power chords.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
What in the fuck......... Those guys have bought absolutely nothing at all to the table in terms of guitar playing. Fucking ac/dc ripoffs.

G

·
[ QUOTE ]
kman said:
he doesnt want to be a part of the tapping scene because he probibly doesnt know how to, hes an untalented piece of crap who makes millions off of stupid ass teenagers who buy their cds. he has no business talking about satch, vai and eddie like that when all that homo can play is power chords.

[/ QUOTE ]

"tapping scene"!

I always thought Eddie was just a great musician who wrote great songs.
Tapping was only one of the many techniques at his disposal. To attribute the whole of EVH's technique as part of a "tapping scene" shows a grave misunderstanding of Van Halen's contributions to popular music. I needn't really say how he contributed to guitar playing, 'cause that's pretty much in the canon now.
Anyway, I don't really like Jet all that much. They rip off The Stooges and The Beatles without injecting any of their own energy or character into their songs. Bo-ring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts