Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jethro Tull
Zurich May 16 1976
"It's a Boy"

Here's a 76 show from the European tour with lots of the Too Old to R&R record that I had forgotten about- thanks to a request I have it out and going up

This is a Blue Eyes remaster, which I had always thought meant fixed up the best it can be. It sounds good (see disclaimer) but Actually this runs too slow-anyone wants to fix that and re-up this I'd sure love it!!!

Track List
Disc 1
1 Thick as a Brick
2 Too Old To Rock and roll
3 To Cry You a Song
4 A New Day Yesterday
5 Flute Solo-Kelpie-Bouree-
6 Living in The Past-TAAB inst
7A New Day reprise
8 Requim
9 Big Dipper
10 Beethoven's 9th
11 Minstrel in The Gallery
12 Quiz Kid

Disc 2
1 The Chequered Flag
2 Crazed Institution
3 Instrumental
4 Cross Eyed Mary
5 Aqualung
6 Guitar Hero inst
7 Wind Up
8 Back Door Angles
9 Minstrel In The Gallery
10 Locomotive Breath
11 Finale
12 Back Door Angles Reprise

Lineage
Trade CRs-EAC-TLH for FLAC at 8-TLH for torrent files-Dime
I use EAC to check for MP3 source

My Now Standard disclaimer!
IT'S a BOOT perfect recordings can be had at Amazon or best buy, this is a nice recording that may pop,click,hiss and otherwise offend- Truth is you probably won't like it!

If it runs slow I will give my opinion, as if you asked!?

Maybe if or when fz789 redoes this show he will do more than a scratch and move. ;-0

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Scottie. I've been trying to find this one forever.
This one actually sounds pretty good... Not sure of any "rating" but a quick review after a request placed this in my own listening queue.

Always glad to fill in anyone's missing links...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
This is the best sounding show I've heard from the European tour where he played many tunes from the Too Old To Rock N Roll album that he did not seem to play on the U.S. tour.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Speed-corrected, with some tracking changes and fixes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts