Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Black Dog
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to get the Jimmy Page sound, you know, that really cool oldish warm sound so I searched the internet and I stumbled on the following:

Overdrive: +/- 20% / 30%
Wah-pedal on: standard in high position (that's the trick)

Treble-8
Mid-8
Bass-6

With and Les Paul the toggle switch in the middle!

This does the trick pretty much people! I've already tried it and it gives a great sound! Love it. I'm sure some of you already know this but it was news to me!

ooh, and HAPPY NEWYEAR !!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
But if it's a Marshall your talking about, there is so much variation from one to another that tone controls mean practically nothing. I do appreciate it though! I like the wha trick. I think he really rolls off his neck pickup tone control to off to get the "woman tone" on most of the bluesy stuff..and also places the toggle in the middle to get the blend... Like on "You shook me." Peace man!! Any info on Zep is good info!!

·
Black Dog
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3fingers said:
But if it's a Marshall your talking about, there is so much variation from one to another that tone controls mean practically nothing. I do appreciate it though! I like the wha trick. I think he really rolls off his neck pickup tone control to off to get the "woman tone" on most of the bluesy stuff..and also places the toggle in the middle to get the blend... Like on "You shook me." Peace man!! Any info on Zep is good info!!
Very true mate! It's fun anyways to experiment with different sound set-ups. :woot:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
hi there...jimmy page is famous for using a supro amp...i've also got pics of him using a lowly pignose amp.... :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
He also, apparently, had an insane wiring job done to his guitar (The famous LP) for coil-tapping/split/series/phase/poopoo/caca etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts