Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Joe Perry Boneyard

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Drak_nyen 
#1 ·
That Guitar looks so Tempting shit! Gibson USA Burstbuckers, Inlay, Custom Paint Job, Good Tuners, Finely Set. Just the Burstbuckers are worth it. The Closest Epiphone to a Gibson!

#5 ·
Guitaristic said:
looks like a pretty fine guitar, but what's the point of getting such a nicely decorated epiphone when you can get a nicely decorated gibson?
The point to me would be that the Epiphones are closer to my budget than a Gibson.
Although the Gibsons are better quality, you certainly have to pay for that.
With the Epiphones they are better value for most people without the kind of disposable cash for a full priced Gibson.

#6 ·
Take a look at one in the store before buying one. The Epi version of the Boneyard has one of the worst looking laminated photo-flame tops you'll ever see, and it will jump out at you when you see it in person. Looks like a bad digital photo of the tiger stripes printed on cheap printer. The rest of the guitar is pretty sweet... but that top is just terrible in my opinion.

I wish I could afford one of the Gibson Boneyards... beautiful!

#7 ·
Drak_nyen said:
The point to me would be that the Epiphones are closer to my budget than a Gibson.
Although the Gibsons are better quality, you certainly have to pay for that.
With the Epiphones they are better value for most people without the kind of disposable cash for a full priced Gibson.
good point, though that epiphone costs more or less as much as a gibson (well a crappy one) i guess it would be overall a better guitar

#10 ·
Guitaristic said:
good point, though that epiphone costs more or less as much as a gibson (well a crappy one) i guess it would be overall a better guitar
Thats very true. Difficult choice, higher priced (and hopefully quality) Epiphone or a cheap Gibson.
I would have to play both guitars before making that choice.

I am going to be getting one of the cheaper Ephiphone Les Pauls as I have only been playing since November and so cannot justify a really high priced guitar as yet. I would rather buy an Epiphone Les Paul copy rather than some of the other Les Paul copies by other manufacturers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.