Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I've been a member for a while but have not posted here until now. I'm a Guitarist & Keyboardist. I downloaded a cool backing of Satch's UWSG here and decided to do a keyboard version of this tune. So here it is....

P.S. the finger picked chords at the beginning & end of the middle solo of the original version were a bit hard to replicate on a keyboard so it does sound a bit crap...

http://www.grostate.plus.com/_Sounds/JS_UWSG_A2G.mp3

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Great stuff! We're becoming keyboards101 this week and it's great!
It's nice as a guitarist to hear some of these runs as, besides the prog guys like DT, Spock's Beard, Flower Kings, Transatlantic (notice the tenuous link prog fans!), you don't hear enough virtuoso keys playing. Good to have you here Justin...keep posting and if you fancy a Jan Hammer/Jeff Beck style collab, just ask!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks Chris and for listening, its a great forum here filled with some great musicians. I'm looking forward to getting into the Jam room. I will eventually start posting more. The Hammer/Beck collab sounds cool and will definately be up for stuff like that.Hopefully will post some of my guitar playing also (I'm quite George Lynch/Satch influenced..!).

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Hey, fantastic job here. I am about as much a Joe freak as they come, except I cannot play like him. But I am very familiar with his whole catalog. This sounded freakishly close to the original. And if I understand things correctly, you did this all on a keyboard??? Absolutely A+ job here. And top notch sound quality. My speakers are thumpin'. Keep the quality Joe covers coming!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys, Thanks very much, yep I did it all on my keyboard and learnt it all by ear. My guitar chops are not that great so I thought I'd try it on my keyboard. Thanks all for listening...:)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Wow. What a difference it makes done on keyboard. That is fantastic. Love the sounds.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Damn this was soo cool, aweosme job!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Blimey, I did'nt think this would go down well being a keyboard version so thanks very much for your comments you guys...:)

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!!Great feel put to this.....I love every second of this man....:bowdown: :thumbup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks very much buddy...just about to check your live version...:) Which I already know will be awesome...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts